Monday, November 17, 2014

Hey! I’m talking to you!


Do you ever have conversations, out loud, with yourself? I do all the time. In fact, I sometimes giggle at the fact I’m talking (or in some cases, arguing) with myself. Out. Loud. 

I worry that I’ve had conversations out loud in public, but really can’t prove that I have. 

The other day on the way to work, I had, what I consider, an amusing argument with myself. It went something like this. 

Me1: OOOO Under Pressure. I love this song.

Me2: Who sings it?

Me1: David Bowie.

Me2: Are you sure it’s not Queen?
Me1: Nope. David Bowie.

Me2: Are you sure? Cuz I swear it’s Queen.

We listen … 

Me2: You know it does sound like David Bowie. I swear Queen sang this.

Me1: Wow, you might be right. It is Queen. But it sure sounds like David Bowie.

Me2: When we get to the stop sign, we’re gonna check the interweb.

Stop light turns green.

Me1: dammit, now we have to wait. But I swear it’s David Bowie.

Me2: Wait, didn’t you just say it was Queen.

Me1: Dammit!

So when I got to work, I googled it. Turns out they both did a version of this song. I was pretty thankful I wasn’t losing my mind. Then I checked my iTunes and I have BOTH versions. No wonder I was confused. 

Do you ever have funny conversations, out loud, with yourself?

0 comments: