Monday, November 24, 2014

What has been the hardest part about blogging daily?

I somehow got on the topic of blogging daily for the month of November and someone posed this question to me.

It's not really hard one to answer, but first I think I have to answer WHY I want to blog every day for November?

For me it's a test. My annual goal is to blog 3-4 times a week. Some weeks I'm spot on, most week's I'm not. Deciding to blog every day in November gives me a chance to stretch the writing muscle.

The hardest part for me is coming up with enough topics.  I have a list of blog topics that I want to write about "some day" and yet when November comes around none of them seem overly interesting. Or, more likely, I don't have the time to put into doing them justice.

My plan this year was to write several topics ahead of time, and post them during November. That lasted for all of a month. So as November approached I started writing and holding on to topics. The first couple of weeks ate those topics up.

And so here I sit, a week away for completing and I struggle with what to write. So lucky you get lists, like what I did yesterday.

The next couple of days are going to be challenging.  It's been a year since with lost BigBro (I know! I can't believe it either.) and something tells me I'm going to have a hard time this week. I was naïve in thinking I'd feel better at this point, more accepting maybe, and yet I sometimes think I feel worse. I still think, "OH I gotta tell BigBro XYZ..." then remember that I can't physically tell him.  I tell him, but I get no response - which if you knew my BigBro you'd know never EVER happened in real life.

And with that...I'm going to post this and check today off the list.

0 comments: