Tuesday, November 11, 2014

When in Peru...

Machu Picchu has been on my bucket list for, well, as long as I've had a bucket list.  The reality is I'll probably never get there.  Still, one can dream.

And since one can't go to Peru, Peru came to me.

Tonight was our monthly dinner club and we went to Wyraqocha Peruvian Restaurant.  This little restaurant is new and small.  They didn't open until 6pm and are only opened for dinner. I'm hoping they open for more than dinner, but understand the business model for a new restaurant.

Tonight was also Mr. Landlords birthday so it was extra special.


I had some weird drink that was WAY too sour but flavorful. It tasted a lot like a very sour margarita sans Tequila.  I didn't finish it because it was just too much for me.

For dinner I had some filet mignon treat. Little bite size pieces of filet mignon and red onions on top of French fires. So bizarre, but OMG soooo good. It was so good in fact, I neglected to take a picture.

After dinner, being Mr. Landlord's birthday we got these little shortbread cookies that had dulce de leche in the middle of them. Wow. I could eat a ton of those, and I'm not a sweets person.

They came in the cute little wood box that was opened like a gift. The candle you see there is a shot glass full of homemade corn nuts and a candle. Clever...

At the end of the day, the food was good, the service was good - well up until they broke the internet and then couldn't run credit cards and then didn't have the old fashion swipey thing and had to write down our cc numbers.  Technology!

I wouldn't necessarily go back to this place. It was good, and one visit was enough. Their  menu is small and not overly interesting to me. The food was good, I'll give them that.

0 comments: