Monday, November 10, 2014

Moooooo

Don't ask about the title. I was drawing a blank.

Am I the only one who’s finding it hard to believe it’s the 10th of November? I know I say it all the time, but my word time is flying. 

Today was a tough Monday.  I had some, we’ll call it, sleeping issues last night that kept me awake and sadly if I don’t get my 8 hours, I struggle a bit the following day. I had a weird acid reflux thing last night that had me in a coughing fit from hell. I will spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say, I slept sitting up for a good part of the night and a garbage pail nearby. Thankfully nothing ended up coming up, shall we say, but man it sucked for a good hour or so. 

During my coughing fit last night, my little boy demon, Linus, who was nowhere to be found prior to this, ended up sitting by my side. There was definitely some look of concern in his eye and I felt like he was checking to make sure I was ok. Now, if it were a dog, he would have been there to offer comfort and support. But I’m pretty sure Linus was there to make sure I didn’t keel over and thus not be able to feed him. All joking aside, it was rather sweet. Lucy? Oh she was sound asleep and didn’t even bat an eye. 

I noticed last night, I’m a bit behind the game this year. It’s the 10th of Nov and I’ve not ordered my Christmas cards.  Stop rolling your eyes. Usually by now, I’ve got them ordered, the letter written, the cards addressed and I’m ready to go.  This year, it’s sneaking up on me. Maybe if I get them ordered next weekend I can have them for Thanksgiving weekend and get those babies done.

Seattle SIL and I sat after Sunday dinner last night and talked about Turkey day. It’ll be a tough week for us as it’ll be one year since we lost BigBro. It feels like yesterday some days (and some days I still don’t believe it’s true). We’ll be celebrating Turkey day at her house, splitting the food work this year.  It’ll be nice to be around family and have that extra support. It’s still going to suck, I won’t lie.  I'm going to do everything in my power to make this a happy, memory filled day.  I'll try to keep in my mind, "WWBBD?" What would BigBro Do?

In other news, I went to the gym RIGHT after work. I expected it to be busy in there at 5pm an it wasn't. Yay.  I did just cardio because I neglected to eat something prior and was starving. I was starting to feel a bit light headed and opted to just go home.

Now you won't be surprised that when I'm hungry I make bad choices.  While, it wasn't a horrible choice, my dinner wasn't exactly what was "planned" and certainly not within my dinner calorie range. I'm still below my calories for the day, but frankly I won't be doing that again. I checked the calories online after and was like, "Holy SHIT!"


 

0 comments: