Tuesday, January 10, 2006

23 Days of Rain and counting

Seattle is in a race to beat its record of 33 days of consecutive rain. Its been raining for 24 days straight now. The weather forecast is glum as they think we may make the record. Ugh. The hills are falling like the game Janga around us, standing water is the common thread on all the streets and my umbrella hasn't dried out for days. I love this place. Where else on earth could you get 24 days of rain?

The new job started yesterday. My first thought was, "What have I done?" But as the day progressed I started putting more and more unnecessary stress on myself to learn everything now. For those of you who don't know me, I like to get things done immediately. I hate waiting for things. I'm trying, not very successfully currently, to remind myself that they are expecting a few weeks ramp up.

The team is fantastic. All of them smart, creative people whom I am sure I can learn a lot from. Better start taking notes...oh wait, already did that. First day on the job and I have 6 pages front and back of notes about the people, the job, the goal, etc.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Slosh, slosh, slosh! My oh my, I know where the sun is!!!!