Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year...

Well not yet here anyhow...but everywhere else.

Its been a couple of days since I last wrote. And boy has not a whole lot happened. Wednesday after the Volcano I came down with the world's WORST cold. (Its true. We asked The book of records to check it out and they agreed it was the worst). So Thursday I spent the ENTIRE day sleeping. Yes you read that correctly, sleeping. One wasted day of vacation down.

But yesterday I felt a bit better. So in between naps we went into Kona and went to a few markets. Between the heat and sickness all I wanted to do was sit in the car. We stopped for lunch at the Kona Inn, which we ate at last time I was on the Big Island. I couldn't even eat. The family knows that if I'm not eating, I'm definitely sick.

Today, New Years Eve, we drove north. There's a northwest wind that's "rare" on the islands that is causing enormous waves. So on our way north we stopped to see some amazing waves crashing to the sand. Further north we went to a town that I think time forgot. Hawi, Hawaii. The tour book said its a retro 60's town. I would disagree and say it was more retro 50's. It was old and broken down.

But today through it all, in the convertible, I got FRIED. Even with slathering up with sunscreen. I now am being called Jenn the Red Nose Wraspir.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope the year fills you with much joy, love and laughter.

0 comments: