Friday, January 13, 2006

The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly in Seattle

This just in: (I love our media up here)

" This is the 26th straight day of rain in Seattle, closing in on the record of 33 days set in 1953..."

Now many of you may not be familiar with this area, but there are two things you are GUARANTEED to see in Washington (a few friends would know this if they visited once in a while...Billie - Vicky you're off the hook because you just got married.) Greenery and Water. We have several lakes surround the Seattle area and NEVER in all my years here has Lake Sammamish every flooded. I was driving home last night along West Lake Sammamish Parkway, when I was "forced" into a detour. The lake is flooding and part of W. LK. Samm Parkway is in danger of being under water. Now keep in mind it isn't YET under water, but they good folks of Redmond want to make sure that no SUV gets stuck in the inch of water that "may" cover the road way. Oh that's the other thing you'll see a lot of up here...SUVs. Though none are really use their 4 wheel drive. If it snows here, people stay home.

Mom sent an email today announcing Tucson has had 88 days of sun. Grrr...clearly she's doing it to irk me...which she LoVeS to do.

My reply to her was that I was beginning the rain dance...I'll explain for those of you who aren't familiar with the rain dance (did I mention we have a bunch of native American's up here too). Say it with me...if we get a chorus going it may work:

Abracadabra! Shazammmm! Twinkle Twinkle (which is your nose twitching).

Now I'm not 100% convinced this is the rain dance. I get that dance mixed up with the pee pee dance all time. What the....gotta go gotta go.

0 comments: