Friday, January 27, 2006

The Day before the Big Move

I'm only working a half of day today so I can go home and be ultra prepared for the move tomorrow. Weather report is saying some chance of rain, which means... because I'm moving, it'll rain when the move the bed and the couch since it'll soak up the water best.

The apt is in a total state of organized chaos. The master of the house, (aka Pookie) has been a bit, let's see how do I put his, cranky of late. In his 10 years of life he's been through 6 moves, you'd think he'd get it by now. But instead, he's in every box, sleeping near me or walking near me...hoping he doesn't get left behind. I packed his food last night while he was asleep and got the one-eyed-glare-of-concern. I can't wait to put him in the car so he can wail for 25 miles.

I have a couple of girlfriends coming over tomorrow to help "supervise" the movers. Secretly hoping they'll be cute movers so us girls have something more to gossip about...as if we need anything.

I think I'm set:
  • Maps for helpers to the new apt - Check
  • Maps of each room and what should go where - Check
  • Coffee - CheckCheckCheck
  • Donuts - Check
  • All belongs neatly packed for optimal quick moving - Check
  • All non-movers-moving articles in one location for us girls to move - Check
  • Money - Check
  • Tylenol - Check
  • Enough energy to get through this move - Um - half a check.
Next update from Lynnwood, WA....stay tuned!

0 comments: