Friday, January 06, 2006

Flat Tires and last days

I just wrote an entire blog about my flat tire experience yesterday...and I lost the whole thing. Damn technology.

Yesterday I was greeted by a VERY Flat tire. The old Jenn might have cried a bit in frustration. But the new Jenn cussed...loudly. Instead, I thought "I'm a bight woman, surely I can change a tire." That thought was quickly replaced by "Where the f--- is the spare tire?" Then a little voice kicks in and says, "Look under the car." AHAH...the spare. DOH! But how to get it released from its prison so that I can change it. Then where's the jack. Oh for heaven's sake...call AAA and join. So $84 later, I now know where the spare is, how to release it, and how to change a tire. But a note to the wise out there, the spare on the car was flat too...thank god AAA had a nice air compressor. AAA said that 70% of the flat tires they change result in the spare being flat too...so go out there and check your spares.

Last day of work at Catalysis today. Its a bittersweet goodbye. On one hand I'm excited about my new job, but on the other, I'm sad to be leaving. I'll miss a lot of the people here.
I put together a list of things I've gone through here...

I've physically moved 7 times.
I was hired as employee 18 and now sit in position 6 in seniority.
I've had 3 different job titles, and 4 different bosses. And survived two major re-orgs.
I've answered well over 10,000 CC emails. Just with Office 2003 launch alone.
I've trained 9 CC reps (one was trained while I was in Sedona on vacation).
I've taken over 500 photos of Catalysis events.I lost count on how many coffees
I've purchased and/or drank.I've met the following dogs: Mabel, Spike, Girl, Punch, Sully, Emma, Puck, Jordi, Molly, Maggie, Spot, Nancy's dog, Echo, Betty, and of course Beau

So on to the next adventure of my life. Thanks for memories Catalysis.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Soooooooo long Catalysis, Hello new job!
As for the spare tire, hell, I didn't know where it was either. However, that is just because I had a senior moment (I am allowed those occasionally, unfortunately, I am having more occasions to have them!) and I couldn't remember! Now you know what you need to know about spare and flat tires...look at is as a learning experience!
Love,
Mom