Monday, January 16, 2006

Bummer no record...but How about those SEAHAWKS?

Well, we didn't break the record. According to the "way its done", we have to get recordable rain at SeaTac Airport. While it rained at my place yesterday, it didn't rain there so we aren't going to make our record. Which I guess, is good for those poor souls who are flooding, unless of course, it rained for them too. So we sit at 27 days of rain. And now we have about 10 more in a row coming.

But while it was raining on Saturday, it was a perfect opportunity to watch the Seattle Seahawks BEAT the Redskins. Now, normally, I'm not an NFL fan. I'd much prefer to watch college football. But since our local team is doing exceptionally well, I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and root the boys on. They did end up winning despite their efforts to lose by fumbling a number of times, and losing our star player in the first quarter. Now its on to play Carolina Pansy's...I mean Panthers. Go Hawks!

Week one of the new job came and went with roaring speed. I can barely remember what I did. I do know I did a bunch of reading and learning on the Microsoft Speech Server. Which, BTW, is an amazing piece of technology. Speech Server is effective, voice recognition software for call centers, and other uses. But did you know, the grammar part of the software is sooo unique that it can be modified to recognize the difference in our pronunciation of words. For example, the way a southerner would pronounce a word, versus the way a New Yorker would. You can set the software up for your region recognition. FASCINATING! I must be a geek at heart. (no comments from the peanut gallery on that one).

1 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Sounds like pretty cool software!... do they have a setting for "Chinglish"? (For all the find people at Linksys...)