Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Baby has new cloths...

Finally.

My baby has new cloths. It's been sad driving around with it all nekked and all. Poor thing.

And in fact it's been awhile since I've given any Mustang update at all. What have I been thinking? I know what you're thinking right now, "When we she EVER get a life so she can stop blogging about that damn car and the damn weather?" It's raining again, but thanks for asking.

Back to the car...she's a beauty still. Dirty, but beautiful. I washed her last week but our parking lot at work is like a dirt road with all the left over gravel from the great snow we had here. So the car becomes very dusty...very. Yesterday, oh wait, today rather we hit 7300 miles. And it's not even 6 months old. Wait? Is it? Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov Dec, Jan...holy crap...I've had the baby for 6 months. YeeHAW! That's Texan for "alrighty then."

But I digress...shocking, I know. New clothes. Yep. That's what she has. A. New. Pair. Of. Clothes. I ordered this particular item in October. Can't ever say that Washington State of licensing isn't fast as lightening. The first pair...lost. Never got them, never to be seen. The second pair - reordered in December - just arrived today. I, naturally, dropped everything and put them on. 

Dulcinea [dull sin A "as in hay" a "as in dah"], in case you're wondering is don Quixote's girlfriend. The story goes, and I'm not making this up. Back in college I took a class that was a Seminar on Cervantes - the author of DQ. I joked with my college pals when they'd ask me to go out, I'd say, "Can't. Got a date with Cervantes." And yes mom, I did study, occasionally. Anyhow, somehow it became my favorite book. I decided to name my second car with this prestigious title of Dulcinea. It's followed me on ever car I've owned since (well okay the bank currently "really" owns it). See, Dulcinea was a princess to DQ. He saw her and thought she the most beautiful woman in all the land. He swore then and there that he'd make her his muse. His reason for being a knight errant. Sadly, in real life she, Dulcinea, was a bar tramp. I'm not saying I'm a bar tramp pretending to be a princess...but if the shoe fits. My friend Lars, many years ago, told me I should get a license plate cover that says, "My other personality is Aldonza" (Dulcinea's real name).

And finally this...I give you the song lyrics. (They did a musical called Man of La Mancha in case you're wondering. And in case you're not...too bad)

I have dreamed thee too long,
Never seen thee or touched thee.
But known thee with all of my heart.
Half a prayer, half a song,
Thou hast always been with me,
Though we have been always apart.
Dulcinea... Dulcinea...
I see heaven when I see thee, Dulcinea,
And thy name is like a prayer An angel whispers...
Dulcinea... Dulcinea!
I have sought thee, sung thee,
Dreamed thee, Dulcinea!
Now I've found thee, And the world shall know thy glory, Dulcinea... Dulcinea!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Now I want a license plate that says that.

Anandi said...

Hmm, Dulcinea is also the title of one of my favorite Toad the Wet Sprocket albums. I love them like you love DMQ. Only TTWS broke up several years ago.

moment of silence.