Sunday, February 11, 2007

Red red wine you make me feel so fine

The Anti-Valentine's Day Wine tasting party was, I think, a success. As I mentioned the usual suspects were in attendance. I made a kickass meal (Chicken with Mustard Marscapone Sauce) and we had an abundance of wine. Note on the wine picture the bottles with dust. Mark and Vanessa brought them with the dust to show that they were "vintage". Even though they really weren't all that "vintage."

I went to Central Market to buy the ingredients for the dinner and decided to browse through their wine section. A dangerous thing to be sure. This time a tad bit more dangerous. I know you're wondering why. I can tell. I have ESP or something. Central Market has the HOTTEST Wine Guy ever (HWGE). He caught my eye and sauntered over to ask if he could help me.
"Um yah, you can help me." I say while I think, "Oh you're the one who's gonna need help."

I explained to him what I was doing and he proceeded to show me 4 bottles of wine. Three of which I couldn't live without. So I bought them. I'm only human you see. The HWGE said they were good, I had to take him at his word. He wouldn't lie to me.

Cousin won the prize for the best White. AND... cousin went to Central Market too. She too had the HWGE talk her into a bottle of wine. Her wine: Esporao Reserva 2004.

Mark and Vanessa won the prize for the best red. Their wine: Hogue Cabernet Sauvignon 1997 from Columbia Valley. Very tasty.

I spent a good part of today getting scrapbook pages together to take with me next weekend to a crop. In the process I found these pictures.
1975 - Look! I actually work a bikini once in my life.
Left to Right: My older sister Melanie, Mom (Hotty!),
Me (Hotty-er) and some lady I don't know.
1975 - Who the hell dressed me?
Red shirt, tan pants, and blue socks.
Nice hair mom. That style's back now days
Left to Right: Me, mom, some baby, and sister Melanie

1970 or so: Left to right: me and sister Melanie.
My destiny to be a Cougar at an early age.
(Washington State Univ has a reputation of being a party school and it was).

2 comments:

Lesley said...

That is one smokin' hot bikini pic! There's a similar picture of me somewhere in the family photo albums, and I need to dig it out so I can show that I, too, could once wear a bikini. Even if it was for an all-too-brief moment in time.

The last picture is hilarious, too!

my word veri is spoxzm. What's a spoxzm?

Nicki said...

Only because I like you, here's what I looked like at that age. Painful.

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/9891/1240857074mlb3.jpg