Wednesday, February 21, 2007

All you wanted to know about me and high school

This particular questionnaire has impeccable timing. As discussions are ramping up for the planning of my TWENTY YEAR reunion. I still have a hard time believing it's been twenty years. Seems almost impossible.

Who was your best friend?
Oh heavens. I guess I would have to say it would depend on the year and the high school. But for the most part, its safe to say one/all of the following: Billie, Laura, Tammy, Vicky, Christy, Claudia, MikeG, and Jorga.

What sports did you play?

Volleyball and marching band / rifles (yes marching band was a sport – I got out of PE for it)

What kind of car did you drive?

1971 Ford Country Squire station wagon with wood paneling. It was da bomb. It got 8 gallons to the mile. No lie.

It's Friday night, where were you?

Field shows at the football games. Or in later high school years at the “disco” – we had dances every Friday night at TASIS.

Were you a party animal?
I saved that for college.

Were you considered a flirt?

I wouldn’t say that. Though I thought I was flirting a lot – only to find out recently that, in fact, I suck at flirting.

Ever skip school?

Only once. Senior Skip day. Me and a few friends went to Nice for the weekend. I got to play volleyball on the beach, well on a cement platform on the beach, with guys in speedo’s. All of whom said in heavy French accents, “but girls do not play volleyball.” Yah um – step aside Pepe…this girl does.

Were you in any clubs?

Aside from my own personal clubs that me and a few friends created, not really. Though I was an active participant in my local church group. OH and I was on the yearbook staff at Redmond and later at TASIS. That counts, right?

Suspended?

If I ever were I certainly would be a live to be writing about it now!

Can you sing the fight song?

Who had fight songs in high school? I do, however, have letters from each high school I attended. If I were to get a letterman’s jacket for all of them I’d look like Joseph wearing is amazing technocolored jacket.

Who was your favorite teacher?
That would be Mrs. Penn at Quartz Hill (sophomore year) Mrs. Lucini and Mr. Whisnant at TASIS. In fact, Mrs. Penn and I still correspond.

What was your favorite class?
Lunch

What was your school's full name?
Well let’s see
9th Grade – Antelope Valley High School
10th Grade – Quartz Hill High School and Redmond High School
11th Grade – Redmond High School and The American School in Switzerland (TASIS)
12th Grade – The American School in Switzerland.
Side Note: I'd like to comment that when I was attending these schools we didn't have websites, nor was the internet really around. Which makes me wonder how on earth did we EVER get school work done, or know anything about what was going on.


School mascot?
AV = The antelopes - dah
QH = Home of the Rebels
Redmond High Mustangs and

TASIS – er ah – Mike? Any idea? I don’t think we had a mascot, unless you count the townies.

Did you go to dances?
Like Yah. To this day, I regret not asking Mike Pomerleau to the Saddie Hawkins before Denise whatever did. I rarely went with a date, usually a girl friend and I. And in my early years you could find me firmly planted against the wall praying no one would ask me to dance, unless it was Mike P of course. If you could go back and do it over again, would you? I would do TASIS again. And I’d take with me my photography skills and go and see more. All the other high school drama can stay in the past.

What do you remember most about graduation?
It was hot and sunny. My family flying all the way over to Switzerland to watch me graduate. White dresses for the girls and nice suits for the guys. And I soooo wanted to wear a cap and gown, but we didn’t.

Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
Oh god…that was 20 years ago. I’m not sure I can pick one, but my fondest memories are of Mike G / Claudia and Me triangle, ham and cheese sandwiches from Angelos and traveling around Italy.

Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?
WTF? What’s a senior wall? And no, I wouldn’t have been posted on it…unless it was for biggest slacker.

Where did you go most often for lunch?
I don’t remember lunch at AV. At QH Laura and I would frequently split burritos. TASIS lunch was served in the dining room and there were no other options.

Have you gained weight since high school?
Hasn't everyone?

What did you do after graduation?
Traveled around Germany with the family, then flew back to Riyadh Saudi Arabia for the summer. After working there at USMTM (United States Military Training Mission) I came back home to go to WSU.

When did you graduate? June 5, 1987.

Where are most of your classmates? A planet called Earth (I'm assuming).

Did you have a high school sweetheart?
Well not technically. I did, however, have two major crushes. And their names were Mike (P and G)

Have you changed since?
God I hope so.

Have you been to your high school since you graduated?
I wish. Some day I will visit TASIS again. I did go to the 10 year reunion in Boston and tentatively planning on the 20 year in DC.

2 comments:

Al & Jo said...

DARN!!!! I didn't find out anything I didn't already know in this questionnaire!

MOM

Nicki said...

ZOMG!! How long are you going to be in DC for?