Saturday, February 17, 2007

Happy 24th Birthday to Me!

Yes that's right my lovelies. I'm 24 - Two & 4 - Twenty - Four TODAY.

No really. I am.

No lie.

I know. I know. I just complained about turning 38 in December. But today I'm 24.

Today is the day my dad and I celebrate the day he adopted me. 24 years ago today he decided that he wanted to be responsible for me as a father figure. (I am still not 100% sure what he was smoking that day, but whatever!)

Through the years we have both grown - mentally and most certainly physically. We've seen the world together, experiencing some of the most memorable moments of my life.

And what did I get as a birthday gift from dad? A Vermont Teddy Bear. Oddly I had never heard of these little creatures. But on Valentine's Day a co-worker got one from her husband. And now today I get one. Ain't he cute?

So Valentine's Day came and went and I truly believe shelling out the love that day brought love back to me. I picked up a box of Russell Stover chocolates for Blueberry (aka Cousin). Her dad used to buy her a box of chocolates every VD. Being that her dad passed away last April, I thought I'd pick up that tradition for him. She was thrilled. Even more thrilled that I bought the smaller box rather than the bigger box for caloric reasons.

Then from Blueberry I got two Starbuck special order cupcakes. Delish. Here are the cupcakes. My apologies that they look half eaten. It wasn't until we were chowing down on them I thought about taking a picture.






1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Is that sun I see out the window behind the Teddy Bear? Have you named him yet?