Sunday, July 20, 2008

But I would walk 500 miles, And I would walk 500 more, Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles,To fall down at your door

Happy walking weekend.

I gotta tell ya, the little tear fest I had this last week really reset my attitude. I feel GREAT about walking this weekend. Yesterday we walked 13 miles, today almost 9 (I'll explain more why there wasn't more mileage).

First some housecleaning. VikingGirl unfortunately had to drop from the team. She's not walked with us since February and has had some things that she's needed to take care of. So officially she removed herself from our team this week. And so, we had to take a new team photo. (Well that and BigBro got interviewed for a local newspaper and they wanted a team photo).

Say hello to the existing, long winded, never tiring, always Saving Second Base.

Last night we met at BigBro's house and took out for a 12 ish death march walk. After walking through a native Seattle park on the water, we headed to University Village, then up 25th to home. Because we were walking during the at dinner time, we "had" to stop at MickyD's for cheeseburgers. There's something about that salt craving that just makes me want a McDonald's cheeseburger. So after stopping for a bite we headed home. Ended up 12.95 miles total.

The important thing to note though is I FELT GREAT. I didn't really tire out as early as I used to, I wasn't in any pain, it was just great. I was sure getting up this morning I'd be all sore and everything, but my Hanna Montana Arnica Montana cream that ChickenLady recommended is AWESOME. No real pain.

This morning we were up at o'dark thirty (okay well 7:30) then we were off to downtown Seattle to go to the Bite of Seattle. I felt great this morning too. I hopped out of bed with no pain, and was ready to boogy on down to Seattle. We met at Northgate and headed into downtown. We stopped at Starbucks in Fremont for their new Vivanno drink (chocolate banana is ZOMG sooo good). Fremont is a rather unusual area of Seattle. They have several "colorful" people down there.

Outside of Fremont, Seattle is just 3 miles down the road. We got to the bite, and we were hungry. The smells as you walk through all the food being made available...it was so hard to decide. Until....until we came across a Filipino restaurant offering pansat and lumpia. I love it. So we grabbed a plate full and found ourselves sitting watching people for about 30 minutes. It was hot, sunny and tons of people watching. Delicious. Blueberry and I "had" to finish the day off (I think I may be regretting that now).

We hopped on a bus and headed home to Northgate (I hear all of you out there asking, "Why didn't you walk?" It may have been a bit too much for us this weekend - maybe).

BigBro has been a zipfizz fan for two years now and has talked ZipFizz into sending samples to us. In fact, read all about him from last years 3Day by clicking here (scroll down to the #5 and see his photo and testimonial). Anyhow, we had to send back a team photo in the ZipFizz shirts and hats today. So back at Northgate we hopped in our ZipFizz clothing and snapped a shot or two.

1 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Dear Jenn,

You suck. What with your Zipfizz t-shirts, and rock and roll, and hula-hoops...

Signed,

Cranky Old Fart