Tuesday, July 01, 2008

You've got Mail

Hi Peeps,

This is a shout out to all my 3DAY supporters. Since walking the 10 GRUESOME miles on Sunday I've been pondering the 3 Day walk. Training has taken WAY more time than I had thought it would, and quite frankly, it's getting old. But thankfully I have Blueberry and BigBro to keep me motivated.

The 3Day sends out a monthly newsletter just to keep the walkers and crew staff up to date on stuff - like dah, that's what a newsletters for Captain Obvious. Anyhoo, I saw something in the July edition I thought I'd share with all my peeps.

At the expo last month they had a table where we could write letters to people and they'd be delivered at the 3Day to them. Naturally, having a wee bit of sentimental-ness left in my heart, I sent letters to the team. I thought, how fun to get a motivational letter AT the three day to remind yourself when you're feet are sore, you're dead tired, and you quite possibly may have blisters, the EXACT reason you're doing this crazy thing.

So, with no further nonsense.

If you feel so inclined, drop me a line. I guarantee a tear or two and a huge Thank you. (Hah, I'm a poet!). Of course it'll cost you whatever the cost of a stamp is these days. But I promise you, it'll be the best forty something cents you've spent.

"There’s nothing like a letter from a loved one to inspire you to keep going. Your friends, family and supporters can write a letter to you, which we’ll deliver to you on the event at the Breast Cancer 3-Day Camp Post Office.

Send letters to:
Breast Cancer 3-Day Camp Post Office
ATTN: JENNIFER WRASPIR
P.O. Box 70316
Seattle, WA 98107

Envelopes only, please. No boxes or large packages. Mail must be postmarked no later than September 2nd in order to ensure delivery at the Breast Cancer 3-Day Camp Post Office. Any mail that is not retrieved by the walker by October 1st will be destroyed."

0 comments: