Sunday, July 06, 2008

It seems my work never stops, rooms turn into rooms

Yesterday I think I had the most productive day since like 7th grade. Well, maybe not but it sure felt like it. I've been reserving all the "I need to do's" for a day I could truly devote to such tasks. If I had a honey, it might have become a "honey do" list. But since I'm lacking of any honey I decided I should probably do the list myself.

I started in the morning by strapping on the blister creating shoes and thought a quick 5 mile walk would help me sort out what all needs to be done. Covering the blister appropriately and medically, I headed 300 yards to my mailbox. Whined the entire way. Turned around and came home. Have I mentioned I have a zero threshold for pain. Stupid blister. It's still open and isn't scabbing over yet so it hurts. "Fine" I thought. If I can't walk, then I'll get to my list.

Switching to open back sandals, I headed out.

1. First stop - local scrapbook store. I am on a search for some specific Survivor stickers. They didn't have them. And shock of shocks, I made it in and out of this store without buying a single solitary item. Not even adhesive, which I swear I always need and don't. Yes, go back. Reread that. I didn't buy a thing.

2. Off to Blueberry's house to kick - er ah - feed and water the devil cat and Muffin. All seemed well there, so tried to pet the beasts and was unsuccessful. Oh well. Their loss.

3. Stopped to fill my propane tank. It was hissing during the great BBQ adventure of Friday night so I figured it was time. It had been about a year or so it seems since last I filled it. In fact, the last time I filled it was when the Moron guy was shocked by being stung by a bee when he grabbed it out of mid air. Interestingly enough, same moron filled my tank this time. Though this time, in line ahead of me was one of our many local rednecks. He was filling his 1975 Chevy truck with propane. He was telling the attendant - who barely speaks Engrish (yes that's spelled correctly. If you say it out loud you can figure out the nationality - wow...that's quite unPC of me. Huh.) Anyhow, said redneck was proud that he converted this POS into a propane burning truck. He was saving our environment. As he puffed on a smoke, and tossed the dead butt onto the ground. Oh the irony.

4. I managed to not insult a stupid woman who was walking down the center of the road, clearly out of her mind. What? That's productive.

5. Stopped at Starbucks for a much needed Grande Vanilla Americano with Xtra room. Only I didn't get extra room. I got no room. Asked the barista, quite nicely I might add, to remake it. She did with great pleasure.

6. Got Light up my life stuck in my head! (Stop laughing PMDude or I'll sing it for you).

7. Went grocery shopping. I had picked out my two new recipes for this week (Chicken Piccata Toss and Mooshu Beef). Managed to get in and out of the grocery store with only the items on my list. Sweet! Twice in a day now.

8. Unloaded groceries, had to clean out fridge to allow for new groceries. Which led to cleaning the kitchen. Which included, bleaching my counter tops AND mopping. I hate mopping. Wow, sparkly clean.

9. Started laundry. Including all my bedding. Too much black cat fur for a normal bedspread. Blasted Cat.

10. Considered shaving the cat. Made a pro and con list. Cat managed to escape this time.

11. Vacuumed. See above mentioned black fur. I'm sure his goal in life it to cover every floor and piece of furniture with black fur. I think its in the cat's list of things to do.

12. Got slightly motivated to scrapbook. Decided instead to organize the piles of clippings of sample layouts. I've been clipping sample layouts out of magazines for 8 or so years now. They sit in a box completely unorganized so I never look at them. Finally I decided to go through them and scan the ones I think I'll use and organize them on the computer. I was very cut throat on which I kept and which got tossed.

13. Took out recycling due to massive amounts of paper. See above.

14. Decided that since I was feeling all organizational and all that perhaps now would be a good time to organize my digital photos. And perhaps burn a back up copy to CD for future safety.

15. Downloaded new photo organization trial. ACDSee. I laughed when I said it out loud and wondered why it would have anything to do with ACDC. Spent next 30 minutes fussing and playing with new trial software. The jury's still out as to whether I think it's good or not. Sure was easy to burn my CDs though. They have a Pro version too that looks like it might be like Photoshop. Downloaded that trial offer too.

16. Decided I needed to organize all the photos from the PhotoGod trips. I tend to print out my photos because I like to look at them and speculate how I'd take it differently and generally beat myself up over a poorly taken photo. So off to Tar-shay (aka Target) for some photo albums. They usually have a good selection and are decent in price. I happened onto the most perfect photo albums.

17. Organized and sorted photography photos into smashing new photo albums. AND dated them and put locations.

18. Gurgle gurgle. Oh. Time for dinner. Chicken Picatta Toss. ZOMG so good.

19. Cleaned kitchen ... again... post piccata.

20. Back to burning CDs. There are hundreds, thousands of photos I took in 2007. Good Lord. Does one person need so many photos? You gotta love digital though. I can take as many photos as I'd like and not really waste any money. I'm ruthless though and delete ones that aren't good. Why keep them? Some argue that I should keep them for posterity. Hah. As if. I toss real live printed photos too. Shudder! I know that puts some of my readers into a tailspin to think I actually throw away a picture. I have an entire garbage can of them now...want them?

21. While the CDs were burning, I decided that perhaps I should *gasp* clean the spare room. My spare room is a lot like a person's junk drawer. When you have something you don't know what to do with it, it goes in the junk drawer...or in my case, the spare room.

22. Freaked out at the time. I looked down after the last CD burned and it was 12:32 AM. Anyone who knows me or reads my blog knows I'm an early to bed kinda girl (with the rare exception of when I go out to see the local band I'm not stalking anymore).

23. Make bed. Blasted laundry. I did debate for a millisecond on whether or not to make the bed. Finally deciding it was like mom telling you to always wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident (of course said accident would soil one's clean underwear I'm sure), if I didn't make my bed for some reason someone would know.

24. Ponder my day in bed trying to sleep. Realizing just how productive of a day it was and how nice it felt to finally get a few things checked off the list. Tomorrow, we'd attempt walking again and then off to Alki to take some pictures, and have dinner with PhotoGirl and The Yank.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

1. This sent a mild wave of panic through me as I thought, "She CAN'T leave without buying SOMETHING!!! It's just, it's just not RIGHT!!!"

21. This is what I called the 'Oh S***' Room. As in, "Oh S***, someone's coming over! Gotta clean quick!!"