Thursday, January 01, 2009

Cheers to 2009!

Welcome to the first blog of 2009. This year I think will be a great one. At least that's my plan. All those out there who plan on making it not a great year for me - go away! You're not welcome here! That means you! Right there - the one up front! Leave!

There - now that we cleared out the riff-raff let's get down to the celebrations. Fondue part dos at Chez Jenn's last night. I cheated with the cheese fondue and bought it already made - that being said it was - IMHO - delicious. Surprisingly so. We had about a half of cup left so I think everyone else thought it was good too. Dessert fondue was Toblerone - omg so good! It was almost a sin to eat it. We had apples, pound cake, marshmallows; and pecan Sandies for dipping. Blueberry brought some homemade caramels she had - we dipped them too...delicious.


We started the celebration around 7 and took it will into the evening. In attendance - Claudia & Chris (not pictured); me; Mark & Vanessa; Sherrie; Margo & Bob. We did the obligatory catching up; eating; drinking; cheering; and photo taking. Bring on 2009.

Today I'm catching up on cleaning - what a mess new year's eve makes. Tomorrow I have to go back to work. That will be weird to go into the office. I've not actually been "in" the office since the 17th of December. Huh - hope I remember where I sit.

I think I mentioned in a previous post that my New Year's "theme" this year will be 40 New things! I've already started making a list. If you've got something new you think I should try - send it my way. I'll consider it!

This weekend is the big birthday gala - more food and more drink. I can't wait. It should be a blast to be at a party I didn't do any planning for. I can't remember the last time I had a party that I didn't plan! So watch this space - you may see some photos!

0 comments: