Monday, January 19, 2009

A View into my daily life

As if the blog isn't a view into my daily life.

Generally speaking, I'm a neat speaking. I say "generally" because I've been known to be not OCD clean enough. I have piles of stuff that linger throughout the week. They may, or may not, be picked up on the weekend. It all depends on the plans. I am a firm believer that fun stuff should come before cleaning. The MomUnit would cringe to know that her Saturday morning required housecleaning ritual she tried to instill in me didn't keep. Though God knows she tried her best. Sorry Mom.

Anyhow, our sales VP will be in town next week. She's been here a number of times. Yet, for some unexplained reason, we've been asked to "clean" up a bit. My desk at work is almost always clean when I leave. A boss many moons ago at Boeing told me that you should always leave with your desk clean - people assume you've completed your work and you've got your act together. She added, "even if it means tossing piles into a drawer".

Since I knew I wouldn't have to clean my desk for the exec visit, I looked around at my desk and started giggling. This is not a desk of a professional. It does appear to be a desk of someone who needs help.




From left to right - let's review.

First - ignore the background. Those are cleaning supplies that I use to blow dirt out of my keyboard and to wipe down my monitor. Let's start with the blue ball on the left hand side.


1. Instant Excuse ball - This past Christmas we had gag gifts at the holiday party. I wasn't able to stay the entire time so I didn't get to pick a gag gift. Instead, post party, the pointy-haired boss came around with the gifts. PMDude had the Instant Excuse Ball - so naturally to support my compadre I too needed one. It has great excuses like: Oprah, Car Trouble, I was mugged, Traffic was bad, full moon, amnesia, and my personal favorite: No Habla ingles.

2. Sarcastic Ball - the purple ball next to the blue ball is the Sarcastic Ball. PMDude ALSO has this one. I bought them for us last year because I laughed my ass off reading the responses. For example: Who Cares? , As if, Ask me if I care, Forget about it, and my favorite, Yeah, and I'm the pope.

3. Little Pink Duck - My little pink breast cancer duck. You can't tell, but it lights up. My friend Megan gave it to me last year in support of my Pink Issue and support of the breast cancer thing I was doing.

4. Pink Nano and speakers - PMDude isn't at work today so I get to plug the POC (Pod Of Crap) in and listen all day.

5. Blank picture frame - it's actually a digital frame. I only turn it on every now and then.
6. Pink Chevron Car - Susan G. Komen volunteer coordinator let me take this little car home. If you push down on the car as you push it along, the eyes move up and down. So cute.

7. Celebrate Courage coffee cup / pen holder - Blueberry gave me the cup last year. Not a big fan of it for coffee, but it does a kick ass job holding my pen collection ( which you'll notice also includes scissors and a nail file).

8. Behind all that poster: On Rainy Days. In it's entirety.

9. Lamp danglers - you'll notice on the lamp two things: a starbucks mug and a body looking thing. The starbucks mug doubles as a Christmas ornament if one were to put such things on one's trees. The body dangler thingy is a cat. It's hands and feet have magnets n them...Blueberry again.

10. Honorable Mention: The Christmas wrap in the background. PMDude and I wrapped our door for Christmas. I wonder how long the wrap will stay in its current place. I'm better at least until April, or next Christmas.

0 comments: