Saturday, January 10, 2009

And nothin's gonna stop me but divine intervention, I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

Friday’s have a way about them. There never seems to be an in between Friday. It’s either boring as all hell or it’s as hectic as all get out. Today, was the latter. I knew yesterday that today was shaping up to be insane, but I didn’t really get a complete understanding of it until about 7:02 AM. At which point it was too late to call in sick. ( Side bar: There’s this guy in Starbucks – where I’m sitting waiting for a meeting to start – who’s wearing a cow shoes. And by that I mean, leather, of course, but with the Holstein cow pattern. Bizarre. I wonder if his wife bought them for him and said that they look good.) Right, so back to Friday. Today is only a precursor of how busy the weekend will be.

Oh, and the moment you've been waiting for. .... drum roll please.....

Jenn's 40th Birthday Party Pictures
Yah, sorry it took so long. I had - um - issues with the photos. I deleted them off the camera card before I moved them over to my hard drive. But thankfully I had already uploaded them to snapfish. Which then meant I had to order a CD...ugh.

Last night I met the Dane at the old Condo to put primer on the wall to prepare it to paint tomorrow. Then tomorrow, Blueberry is coming with me to paint the wall and spackle (that word always makes me laugh for some reason) any holes that might be left from nails. We will most likely help them pack some stuff up too. Which is good for me since I love, love, LOVE packing. It's a sickness. I know.

The apt is probably 60% packed. I’m holding off on the kitchen and scrapbooking mess room because – well I might need something there in the next three weeks. And as sure as I pack something I’ll need it. That’s how my life goes.

I’m also worried about the MomUnit – which takes up space in my head. My uncle is dying. The MomUnit is with him and sadly watching his downward spiral. Must be extremely hard to watch that. I can’t even imagine. On top of that, The MomUnit and the DadUnit visited the doctor. The DoctorUnit didn’t have anything good to report about the DadUnit. Not too surprising, but that just adds to the MomUnit’s stress which adds to mine. So happy thoughts in the MomUnit’s direction. Cuz if she’s happy, I’m happy. See how that works?

Other than that I intend to try to sleep in this weekend. Though my new upstairs neighbors are, I think, rabbits. At least they are practicing like they're rabbits. Stamina... I'm just sayin...

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Okay---you made me cry. The momunit is feeling a bit overwhelmed .. can't imagine why. THanks for worrying about me. I needed that!