Sunday, January 04, 2009

Someday I'll wear pajamas in the daytime...

Welcome to your 40's. The 40's came in like a lion for this girl.

Last night was the big party. Everyone who was anyone (or who didn't have other plans) were there.
The Peanut Gallery : Brian, Kathy, Jackie, Bob, Margo, Janet, Mark, Vanessa, Julie, Ric, Sherrie, Jenn Suzie, Jo, Mark, Mike and Nancy.

The evening started with decorating and helping put together the tasty treats. I had to "test" each and every treat we were going to offer the guests. And I can say with 100% certainty that each and every offering was DELICIOUS! We had shrimpees, hummus, olive tapenade, meat/cheese tray, vegi's, baby quiches, and German Chocolate Cake cupcakes. MMM MMM Good.

Everyone played Jenn Trivia - Mike was the winner. Scary that he knows that much abut me. I guess I'll have to take care of him in the event I run for office. His prize? A 4 course meal at the exclusive Chez Jenn's. He's one lucky guy. Blueberry came up with some excellent questions that had a few friends stopping and saying things like, "Wow" and "really?" and "OMG are you serious?"

I drank some cosmos and then some water...cuz being 40 now you have to be sure to hydrate.

And so in the end, I'm 40. Ready to take on this decade with passion, grace and style.

Oh and one more thing...it's !@#$%^&* snowing again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn, I am 42 now, and 40's are a pretty great decade (so far), so welcome!

Happy Birthday (late) and I hope you have a great year.

Cheryl

PS - I am at the point where I HATE snow.

Al & Jo said...

Okay, number 1, Cheryl can't be 42!!! ARG...I'm old! And number 2, I hate snow and I'm not even there. Of course, tonight, I am hating everything. My Hawaii trip got cancelled and I am hating everything and every body!

Anonymous said...

Guess what Jo, Catherine is now 18....how is that for making us feel old!!!

Cheryl