Monday, January 19, 2009

All the single ladies...

I think I'll start titling my blogs with a line from whatever song seems to be stuck in my head. Since the alarm went off this morning I've had Rehab and Mercy on the brain (I think they both sound similar so I combine the two songs...don't ask.) Then I got Beyonce's Single Ladies on the brain...and that's the one that stuck. Ugh. It's such a curse.

Right, okay, this weekend in review.
Packed
Cleaned
Socialized
Packed
Cleaned
Socialized
Packed
Packed
Cleaned
Cleaned

Yah, that covers it. I saw that yawn. I can't help it if my life is revolving around moving.

Ah yes, the move. I'm behind the 8 ball now. I've been delaying packing a few rooms because I was sure I would need stuff in those rooms. And I had anticipated being able to pack at least one this weekend - which got put aside to help The Dane go through more stuff in the soon to be Chez Jenn's. Which was fine, I rather enjoyed going through someone else's stuff...it just put me behind. So ruthless packing and cleaning starts tomorrow. Can't start tonight due to socializing. What? I have my priorities.

In other news, the Stang decided to take a hill sideways this morning. In less than a 15 minute window, the roads became very slick. I left Starbuck's on my way into the office (all of a quarter mile) and coming down the big hill into the office, I stopped at the top, put the car in first gear...and the car - all by itself - started sliding. WEEEEEEEE! Thankfully, it slid correctly and in the right direction that I was able to stop perpendicular to the hill and drive in a back way into the office. Good times. If I wasn't 100% sure before, I am now... Robinson.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Hmmm... titling one's blogs with whatever song one has running around in one's head... wherever would one get such an idea? ;-)

Jenn from WA said...

Lesley - I have no idea. I know no other blogs (re: Patron Saint of the Smart mouths) which do such a thing. See the difference is - your songs are always way cooler than what's rambling in my head.

Ken La Salle said...

I may be off point on this but whenever I have ice with an etching of a horse, that doesn't equal danger my friend. That equals sheer, unadulterated BLISS!!!!

Is that wrong?