Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ever have one of those days...

I would have written this sooner, but my internet connection and computer were freaking out, which just adds to my day.

It started at 7:12 AM this morning. I rolled over yawning thinking I had time to spare to lay around in bed. Saw the clock and though, "OH hell." I'm supposed to meet my carpool partner at 7:15. I'm fast in the morning, but not that fast. Grabbing the cell phone I dial my carpool partner. With groggy voice I tell her I just woke up. God bless her, but she'll wait 20 minutes while I get ready.

Yes, it only takes me, a girl, 20 minutes at the most to be out the door. I usually have what I'm going to wear ready and laying out. It really isn't being super organized, its laziness. I can then sleep longer in the morning because I don't have to ponder what to wear in the morning.

Hop in the shower, slipping and nearly killing myself to save myself from a fall. I'm quite sure falling wouldn't have hurt as much as the contortion my body went through trying to save myself. I reach for my shampoo...empty. Oh yah, I bought new shampoo yesterday and its sitting on the kitchen counter...ugh.

Out of the shower, I go to fill up the cats water dish. Drop it on the return trip and spill water everywhere...at least its just water. The "getting ready" routine progressed with issues, I was dropping everything because I was in a hurry. Lipstick ended up in the toilet....ick. Guess I have to throw that out.

I'm out the door and I'm off. I stop briefly to check to make sure I have matching shoes on...because considering the morning I've had it's possible to have two different shoes. I turn the ignition key and suddenly remember I had planned to get up early because I have almost no gas. A quick prayer for me to make it to the Park and Ride on fumes. I reach for my cell phone as I'm driving out of my apartment complex to call the carpool buddy...no cell. Dammit! Back to the apt, run into the house, slightly twist my ankle on a pebble (don't ask its the shoes). And BACK out the door. Another quick prayer about gas fumes and making the Park and Ride.

We get to work in short order, and my office door is lock. WTF? My office door has a lock? I had no idea. So I wait around for security to come and unlock the door...15 minutes later I flip on my computer and nothing. No internet connection to speak of. I check all the cables. I unplug them and plug them back in. Still nothing. So I leave the computer and head downstairs for my coveted cup of Joe. Surely that will help the morning from hell.

Now, you gotta know a two things for this to even sound like an ordeal. 1) MS has secured entrances and 2) I get coffee every day so they know me.

I walk up, Beth the barista, immediately starts my drink. As she's putting the last shot into my Grande Vanilla Americano with room, I realize I have no $$. Not only do I not have $$, but I don't have my card key to get back into the building. Excuse my french, but FUCK. Luckily, because I know Beth, she sends me on my way with a promise to pay later. Deal. Yet I'm still stuck in the cafeteria looking into the building.

I stand there for 10 minutes when finally who should waltz up but the Director of Marketing for our group. Surely they'll fire me now for "lounging" around. He smiles and laughs as I tell him about my day and my getting locked out and how that adds to it...

We hit the elevator, and I think to myself, well, I haven't broken a nail yet and I haven't lost my purse yet and I haven't spilled on me y... scratch that...just spilt on me.

BUT I can blame the day on the computer still not working. The phone rings, I begrudgingly answer it. It's a Speech Server customer frustrated and threatening to pull Speech Server unless they get some help. Ugh.

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

And just when you think I couldn't take any more, I log into Google and look up images to display in this blog to portray stress and hassle. And THIS is what I get. Ugh. Help me!


1 comments:

Jenn from WA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.