Monday, April 03, 2006

iPod speakers for sale...cheap

I'm a dork. I'm a complete dork. I think of myself as a techy sorta girl. A girl who can, by process of elimination, figure things out. A button pusher if you will (just ask Sherrie about every time I get into her car with her). But I have finally found something that baffles me. It's like a puzzle that I just can't make the pieces fit and its driving me mad.

I bought portable speakers for my iPod through Overstock.com (if you've never purchased from overstock.com, you really gotta. They have great deals, but it can be addicting). The speakers finally came on Friday. I opened them and was so excited to pose my iPod on them and click on. Mike and Sherrie were coming to dinner to test this week's newest recipe...[OMG was it good - Country Captain Chicken] and I thought it a great way to have music in the same room we'd be in. As I opened them, Mike standing by amused I'm sure, our first realization was it would take batteries. Great. No batteries.

So Sunday, in my post drinking haze, I swung into to the local Bartels on the way home from HotWire to purchase batteries. AAA batteries in hand, I head home. I put the batteries in correctly, then flip the switch. A light comes on to indicate that yes, in fact, they were on. But as I'm flipping the switch it dawns on me, "How exactly is the music supposed to transmit through the speakers?" The iPod isn't connected to the speakers in any way. Its not magic, I know that. So I sat and staired at the speakers - literally stared. Trying my darndest (if that's a word?) to focus and figure this out. Nothing. I got nothing.

Even today I can't, for the life of me, figure this out. I know there should be some type of AC adaptor for it now (thanks to additional research that I should have done BEFORE I bought them). But even still, HOW DOES THE MUSIC TRANSFER? I'm at a loss. I may have to admit defeat and send them back. If you know, please spare me the torture and leave a comment. Or worse case, know anyone who wants to buy a pair of speakers?

2 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Okay Apple! You come by this naturally. Nuff said.

Rainerpeets said...

I hv a bought a Ipod Speakers from UK site. They have a huge range of iPod touch speakers with affordable prices.By the way, here is a websites which you can find lot of information about Ipod Speakers.