Friday, April 14, 2006

Random Thoughts. By Jenn...and I mean Random

So here's the deal. I have thoughts that pass through my mind that once they've passed through my immediate thought is "WTF?" Of course which is followed by, "I think I'll write about this in my blog"....here are some random thoughts that passed through my mind from the time I got up this morning to when I got to work (in record time I might add, 33 minutes from door to door...Not normal. Which only means tonight's commute will SUCK.)

First thought happened as I was watching the clock tick from 6:58 to 6:59. (Besides the obvious thought of I really didn't need to get up this early.) I started rattling off all the organs in my head. Not the kind you play, the kind you have. Heart, Lungs, Skin, Tonsuls (?spelling), Appendix(?spelling), Pancreas...then I thought do we need half these? What if...?

In the shower: I really liked watching Little House. Pa was such a good crier. And I got a Dudley song stuck in my head.

While brushing my teeth: I wonder if Mustang would come in a green apple color. OOOO a mustang...drool.

While dressing: Coupled with the obligatory "I have nothing to wear" was "How many pounds of chocolate would be sold this weekend? Millions?" And, "how many children are being lied to this weekend by being told about the Easter Bunny?" And, "how do parents deal with it when a child realizes their parents have been lying to them for years?"

Driving: Now driving, it turns out, is like a stuck song syndrome for me and my thoughts. I went back to the organs again to see if I could name any more...and wondered if the tongue was an organ. Surely there were more organs then that in our body then what I've named? Did I ever have a class on that in school? Ah School....TASIS...Jorga (friend from TASIS who was probably the most random person I ever met)...Mike Greene...Slugs....DaNobli....317 years old...Lugano...Cabonara...Mueslix....InProgram Travel...drunk.....hicky.... Biology class...making gum in chemisty...being a prefect....the canadian cookie fairy...Rachel...HollyWood...pringles...

All those items have stories to them, but as I thought of one thing it lead to another. For example, Mike Greene...he always told me that I lived in the "fake" Washington since he lived in DC - which he felt was the "real" Washington...but he also added the only thing in the "fake Washington were apples and slugs.

Oh my mind is a spinnin'.

Still while driving and in between singing Dudley Manlove "If I could read your mind love".

Other thoughts that passed:

  • Yellow is not a color I'd put on a minivan
  • Why do so many people get off at Bothell? Whats in Bothell?
  • An automatic blinker that was connected to a person's brain would be nice. You think you're gonna change lanes, the blinker goes on.
  • Which lead to - an automatic dope slap would be nice for that guy in the miata. Dumbass.
  • What type of egg decorating stuff should I get for Saturday?
  • I need a nail file
  • Any other organs? O-R-A-N-G-E-S...not oranges, O-R-A-G...what the hell? You can spell Organs! O-R-G-A-N-S.
  • I'm thirsty.
  • I want to go to the ocean
  • What will I write about in my blog today?

And you see...its random. I'm so glad its Friday.

4 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Random? Yes, Random!

I wanted to name my son Random but Vicky says it's a stupid name. I don't think so. I think it's bitchen cool, but...

About lying to your kids... I'm the kind of person who wants to tell his kids the truth about everything. There is no Santa Claus - your parents give you presents because they love you (and later, because society puts extra emphasis on material objects). There is no Easter Bunny - let's have a long talk about Easter! There is no Tooth Fairy - if you want money, keep your teeth! And on and on.

Vicky doesn't like my ideas too much. It's all a compromise and that's okay, too. She likes some of my ideas - I'll take that.

Nicki said...

You know, it's days like yours that make me glad I take ADD meds. You should try them out. They work wonders. ;-)

Al & Jo said...

You are one strange daughter today! I think I must have found you on a street corner in a box saying "adopt me!" UNFORTNATELY, that is not true....I have the same thoughts some days...when I am bored, very bored. And your Monday will be stranger yet....

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm mentioned on a blog! Even cooler since I'm such a bad friend who never calls or writes... At least I drop by and read your blog! In fact, reading your blog invariably brings a smile to my face no matter how rough the day/week/month I've been having.

XOXO Mike