Sunday, April 09, 2006

Jenn:1 Refrigerator 1

We're in a dead tie, the refrigerator and I. A couple of weeks ago I recounted my story of the refrigerator beating me with a scrap piece of paper. But today...today I think I may have finally won...Or at least tied. I should get bonus points for having to endure the maintenance crack.

The refrigerator hasn't exactly been working to its top capacity. Well, let's call a spade a spade...it hasn't exactly been "refrigerating" at all. I've had the unfortunate task of throwing out what used to be perfectly good frozen food. Call me crazy, but ice cubes should be solid, right? yah mine...more like, well, ah...water. And sadly we mourn the loss of some remaining spaghetti bolognese sauce I made a few weeks ago...and it never froze.

So today, Mr. Maintenance showed up at my door step to "fix" the beast. He waltz in all knowing and smelling of old oil. He and his visible butt crack checked out the innards. And finally, after a half a dozen conversations with himself, he gave me his most sorrowful look and announced its dead. He can't fix it. That's the bad news. "huh?" I thought that would be the good news, because that means I can do the "New Refrigerator" Dance. The good news is that he will be replacing it. .... but can't today because he has no one to help him carry the sorry thing to the dump. Instinctively I almost offered to help move the beast out of the apt, but decided against it. So tomorrow, I'll have a "new" refrigerator. Not sure what they mean by new as in "BRAND" new or one that is just different.

In other news, I started walking again today. Shin splints and bad shoes hindered my attempt at 3 miles...but there's always tomorrow...and of course a new pair of shoes.

I did spend time at the HotWire cafe today. It was packed and noisy today so I couldn't concentrate on my book. Its a hard book to read...I need to concentrate.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

BYe BYe Refrig!

As for your attempt at walking...ever think about starting at a smaller scale, like a mile and work up to 3 miles? No, huh? Just call yourself APPLE.