Sunday, December 31, 2006

And now I have a hairy tongue!

You know that post drinking thing, called a hang over. Jenn, here has one. It's not a bad one, but it has most the classic signs of a hang over.  Things not really clicking right away, brain is a bit behind.

Taste buds feel/taste like they have hair all over the swollen feeling tongue. Of course, my theory is the taste buds are typically the most drunk of any body organs because they get the FIRST taste of the alcohol as it swishes over them.

Things are a bit too bright and too loud.

Yep, I have a hang over. And I should. I, individually, put Pomegranate martini's on the map last night. Lost track of how many times I filled up my 7 oz martini glass, or how many times it was filled up for me. But I didn't care, I wasn't drinking or driving. I was merely going to need enough wherewith all to find my way to my bed, which I'm proud to say I did.

Though interestingly enough, somehow, before I went to bed, I actually put food away so it wouldn't be out all night...yah man...that's me...always worried about the food.


We had some crowd pleasing food here last night too. I asked everyone to bring their favorite appetizers. I did a vegi tray with a Parmesan, peppercorn dip I picked up in Tucson. Then I did meatballs in Huli Huli sauce, and finally an enchilada baked dip. Other appetizers were: ham and swiss crescents, olive tapenade crostini's (OMG these are glorious), small bite size chicken tacos, sushi, See's candy (what? its an appetizer for someone after my own heart), a cheese ball, and lastly a baked crab dip. I was sooo stuffed, but at least the alcohol had something to absorb it. (and look you can see my xmas tree off to the side, and my killer new table I bought some weeks ago).

Everyone who said they'd show up, showed up: Cousin Sherrie, Mark&Vaness, Mike&Nancy, Neil&Taunya, Margo, Erin and her friend Abby (whom I called Eddy all night, don't ask.) and finally the xCrush was here. All in all, we had a blast. I didn't take too many pictures, in fact, I think I'm slipping these days. I am slacking in the photo arena.

Gifts: Even though I said no gifts...Erin got me a gift certificate to the scrapbook store down the street. xCrush brought me this hilarious lounge singer CD in which the singer has re-done songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday (U2) and Hot for Teacher (Van Halen)...yah you get it. Cousin Sherrie got me a kick ass cake display holder thingy.


Oh OH...speaking of gifts. Cousin Sherrie and I did our xmas exchange last night and she got me the craziest gifts. She got me this little pink "tampon carrier". How funny is that. Inside it has an elastic "safety" holder. It cracked me up. But Cousin Sherrie went one step further and got the most interesting gift for me...a wine chiller. I'm not kidding. You put water in it and put the bottle in, hit the timer, and in 7 minutes your wine is chilled. So, naturally, we had to test it last night. It's awesome. I might have to get me dad this little gadget.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go take an aspirin or two and shave my tongue.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

Hangovers are teh suck