Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hoppity Hop Hop! Hoppity Hop Hop!

The Easter bunny sorta showed up last night. I had my annual Easter Egg decorating gathering. All of the usual suspects who have attended these in the past were other wise engaged. So I brought in some rookies. But they came to the game prepared for a win. Galpal Margo, GalPal Claudia and xcrush all showed up. We had an absolute blast. I've not laughed this hard in a long time. The eggs, turned out, well, some were ugly, some were pretty, and some were just eggs.


The evening started out with an amazing meal created by yours truly. I love cooking as many of you know, and every once in a while a recipe comes along that knocks my socks off. This was one of those recipes. Check out my other blog for the recipe to Coq Au Vin Blanc. Along with the meal, we drank wine. Lots and lots of wine. Notice the two bottles on the table with us, that was two of the four we drank. Also no the wine glass on the far corner between Claudia and Margo. That glass ended up on the floor. Good times.

(PS - the pink on the table is NOT a table cloth. It's a towel that mom and dad left here. I'd never be THAT tacky to have a pink flowery table cloth. Give me about 10 years and THEN I'll be that tacky. )


Claudia got a hold of my camera at one point of the evening and couldn't quite get it to work. She, in fact, video taped a portion of the evening that made me laugh my butt off. Unfortunately I'm having technical issues and can't get it added to the blog. And quite frankly it may only be amusing to those of us who were there. You know how that works.


It was a fun fun evening and exactly what the doctor ordered. Good food, good drinks (with the exception of one bottle of wine that, well stunk), good friends, and good fun.

Interesting point, the xcrush was almost irresistible. I mentioned I haven't been to San Fran and suddenly we had a plan to go. Now granted we have to wait until after May because May will be my poor month. Which all three of them have made plans to feed me in May since I won't have any moola. And of course, who knows if we'll ever really go, but it was fun to at least discuss the possibility.

Which got me to thinking about doing all these things I've not done and want to. Simple little day trips around the Seattle area that help get me out of the apt and may, just may push me to do more of my photography.

Anyhow, Happy Easter everyone! Here's hoping the Easter bunny brought you lots of yummy treats. I gotta go make me an egg salad sammy.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Dun dun, dun dun. The crush has re-entered the picture. Oooooo. Looking foward to where it goes on the trip.

I still think he likes you but is afraid to tell you.

And I'm jealous of all the beautiful eggs.

Jenn from WA said...

Hold your horses there Freak. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is happening any time soon. I am, afterall, only on year 1 of liking him. According to my SOP (standard operating procedure) I must wait no less or no more than 5 years to get up enough courage to say anything. I do keep hoping though that I get drunk enough to blurt it out....but that hasn't happened yet.

Al & Jo said...

There in lies your problem....You NEED to tell HIM you are interested...come on J! GO FOR IT!