Sunday, April 22, 2007

I was kissin' Valentino By a crystal blue Italian stream

Sunday, already. And tomorrow is Monday. Ick! Its not that I don't like work, because I do. Really. It's just that Sunday evening are such a downer to me. It gives me a chance to reflect on what I didn't do this weekend and vow to do something next weekend. Ugh.

Though Friday I had a date. What are you thinking? Not with anyone I actually talk to...no with the DMQ boys. This show the Sh*tKickers opened for the Dudley boys. (Secret: They're the same band minus the keyboardist - who they actually had play with the SK this time so that throws off the difference.) My god they rocked the place. The crowd was amazing. A lot of Dudley fans in the crowd. How do I know? Because there are "dudley lyrics" for some songs and only TRUE Dudley fans know what those are. And this crown knew! I was getting my groove on with every song. I think I must have worked off at least 10000000 calories.

I do have to say though that I got felt up more Friday night then I have in years. The place was packed (and I have a slight anxiety about crowds so it was hard for me to sit still) and we happened to be in direct path to the bathroom. People squeezing past us all night...it got a bit personal. Not that for some of the passer-byer's did I mind...but amazon girl with the GYnormous - um - well boobs...I did sorta mind my face meeting her girls. Not a pretty sight. I'm scarred for life.

I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon at HotWire cafe. I had invited the crush (er ah X crush) to join me, but he didn't. And somehow I knew he wouldn't. But I did meet some friends of another friend there to discuss the PMP exam (because I AM a kick ass PM...). That was fun, but I was enjoying the peace and quiet of the coffee shop before they came. The quiet pounding of the shots being pulled, the screaming child next to me who should be stapled to the roof with a sock in his mouth, the squeely teenage girls discussing ever so important issues like lip gloss, and of course the hum of the computers and the beat of the bad music. Ahhh...what a day.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

It sounds like a fun weekend.

I'm jealous that I'll never get to see that band, though.