Friday, April 06, 2007

Spring has sprung...hip hip hooray!

Yes, my lovelies, spring is most certainly in the air today in the great northwest area. It got to 77 degrees yesterday...SEVENTY SEVEN PEOPLE! And today it should be close to that if not higher...HIGHER. I'm telling you, nice sunny weather in Seattle beats any blues away.

AND

I have today off. What could be better?

Thank you for all of you who gave me comments during my pity party. It was only temporarily. That's what I've always loved about me, I get over the ick's pretty quick. (Secretly, the sun does help. And a good bottle of wine.)

I've had an enormously busy, emotional week and was so looking forward to sleeping in today. The creeps who decided to hack up the drive way right by me had other plans. They and their jack hammer were up at 7. Bastards!

I should mention, that part of why I'm feeling much better is new galpal Margo. I met her through friends, Mark & Vanessa. I believe people do come into your life for a reason. Margo's reason, to send me goofy ass emails on a daily basis. Here are some of her email excerpts I personally think she should start her own blog, she's quite a writer.

The Best of Margo

"So needless to say, ramble on I will, I take great pride in making sure everyone else who arrives in the office for the day KNOWS that Mike's the reason none of us can go to iTunes anymore. Not that any of us ever did in the first place. I've never seen anyone here with an iPod now that I think about it.And so, of course, the other BIG joke is my iPod. It's actually a GE Model 7-4685A Walnut grain finish on polystyrene brick of a clock radio. I remember picking it out with my Dad when it was the hottest thing out there: the blue (not green) digital clock radio with the ability to snooze, set two alarm times (not concurrently, mind you technology wasn't that savvy yet), and most importantly: move the time settings forward or reverse. At this point, the clock doesn't work, and neither do any of the buttons - the on off switch is accomplished by plugging it in or unplugging it from the electrical outlet. And the tuner is the kind where you rotate the dial to find a station. That's MY iPod. And I love it. Everyone else laughs at me."

"Of the many friends from my past who got to know me, most seem to have learned that I was a good gift giver - so many of them worked that angle until they got all they could get, and then they disappeared. You learn with time, I guess, who wants your friendship and who wants the stuff you'll give them. I think sometimes that's where the marrieds and the singles part ways. Somehow they forget how to give to each other because in some relationships it's more about the accumulation of what you can get, vs what you give. Marrieds migrate to giving to each other, and forget their singles."

1 comments:

Nicki said...

If you like mindless emails, I'll add you to my daily list. ;-)