Monday, April 16, 2007

While you were Sleeping(less)...in Seattle

One of my ALL time favorite movies is While You Were Sleeping, followed VERY close by Sleepless in Seattle (which has less to do with this blog, other than useless Jenn information. But you never know when, maybe at a party, you'll need to pull out useless Jenn information).

I digress.

Being that I am now a FTE at CM, I had to fill out all the paperwork. Which included bringing in my passport for "verification" that I'm a US citizen. As if just by my looks they can't tell! Anyhow, every time I pull my passport out or see it in the file, I long to travel. This particular passport is boring...B-O-R-I-N-G! It has but one faint stamp of Mexico in it. My other passport was running out of places to stamp... oh I miss those days. Traveling on mom and dad's dime.

Longing to take a trip, I decided to map out an adventure yesterday. One of my favorite lines in While You Were Sleeping is when Sandra Bullock's character shows Jack her passport. He asks why she carries it with her, and her response is "You never know when you'll need to leave the US immediately." Which is how I decided that I needed to plan an "escape route" out of the US. Just in case! You never know! I, for one, think everyone should have a passport, regardless of ever traveling out of the US. They're fun. And they're blue. Which is not green, and green passports reminds me of my friend MikeG who had a green passport and who let me follow him into Saudi customs and who told the Saudi "official" I was with him which meant because of MG's green passport my suitcase did not get man-handled - thanks Mike.

Back to your previously scheduled show....

Where would I go? Immediately, my mind drifts to happier times in Italy. I'd definitely go to Italy (oh and for the record, I have endless funds for this trip). On my way to Italy though, I'd stop in NY for some purse shopping. Then I'd fly into Southern Italy and hire a driver to take me where ever my little heart desired in southern Italy: Rome, Pompei, Almalfi Coast, Capri. Then we'd travel up the boot stopping at Sorrento, Florence, and all the little wine places we could. Finally ending in Northern Italy, Milan, oh Milan...how I loved that city.

***********Topic Switch ***************
I am now a HUGE fan of Supernatural, the TV show. LOVE that show. I've been catching up on the past two seasons, and thanks to f*cking comcast (or compost as my spell checker suggested) have now missed most of the third season...don't get me started. But in yesterday's shows I watched the best line ever...

Two supposed "ghost" chasers "help" the Winchester boys find a ghost. Both are nerds through and through....or dorks as I like to call them. The scene is they are trying to figure out what their next step would be to capture this ghost on film.


Dork #1: "WWBD?"
Dork #2: " What WOULD Buffy Do?"

I'm going to use that in all my major project mgmt decisions today.

Scenario #1: Can't hit a deadline
Answer: WWBD

Scenario #2: No resource to cover the course
Answer: WWBD

Scenario #3: Where to escape to in case I need to get out of the US ASAP
Answer: WWBD

1 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh gosh. I miss Buffy so much.

*sniff*