Monday, April 30, 2007

Better than Sex...

Day 3 of online dating experience.

Number of "smiles" received: 5
Number of "smiles" sent: 427 (just kidding. - huh? You believed that?) 23
Number of emails from smiles sent: 4
Number of potential candidates: BIG FAT ZERO

What is with men? I mean really. The things that they 1) put in their profile and 2) the photos they put online. I ran into several profiles in which the guy likes to "cuddle". Yah right! Mama's boy! Though perhaps their definition of "cuddling" means sex. Either way...I'll pass. And the photos....my god. Why would you EVER put a photo on an online dating service in which you were standing with a female...and not explain who she is?

I found myself sending "smiles" to guys who's profiles were, or seemed, very straight forward. Where I felt they were being realistic and honest.

So stay tuned, I'm trying to have an open mind about this experience...but the cynical side tends to rule out way too much.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Cuddlers are suffocating with the affection. And the guys with no shirts creep me out. You're probably like me in that you look at other states and see all these hot contestants and wonder why there aren't any in your state.

Online dating is brutal. But know that you are not alone.

Al & Jo said...

Keep after it...you are only on day 3. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.
\