Thursday, April 19, 2007

Uesless Pieces of Knowledge

What a day! What a week! I feel so disconnected with my blog these days and I’m never really sure what to write. It’s not like my life is a hot bed of entertainment. I suppose to some I live in the lap of luxury and intrigue (I’d like to meet those people who think that), but really my life has become quite dull. I know I have to spice it up some, but frankly I’ve been lacking the charge to do so.

Follow my favorite Saint’s lead today, I’m just going to give you a random list of thoughts.

Who's reading your blog?
Occasionally I check out on my stat counter how people are finding my blog. Here is a list of search results.
· picture of kinicky from grease
· places to get a propane tank filled around redmond, wa
· gold lamey
· shit on rubber boots
· billyray cyrus on prime time magazine
· what happens when your hemmoraging?
· 200mg of ibuprofen too much for baby?
· seattle bus triple door jealous
· she farted on my leg
I really can’t even explain some of these. But who searches on “she farted on my leg” and why did my blog come up in that search.

Dogs! Pets! You gotta love them.
Co-Worker (QueenID) sent me this URL. I love stupid animal photos or skits. One of my favorite shows is Animals Funniest Animals. Wait. That’s not right…what the hell is it called? Oh Planet’s Funniest Animals, that’s it. I like them because generally speaking (generally speaking, I speak generally) animals are “innocent” in what they do.

STC
I got talked into going to our local STC chapter meeting. Little did I know the crush would be there. Oh, oops. I meant Xcrush. I will never understand boys/men (or fashion for that matter). I start to ignore him and he starts actually paying more attention. The amazing part to me is now, around him, I don’t feel all giddy and school girl like. I actually feel intelligent and –dare I say – normal. Which I take as a good sign, I mean that either a) means I’ve matured or b) I’ve moved on. But have I?

DMQ
Tomorrow night is another round of DMQ. The boys are going to be recording a CD in May. I, being their Biggest Fan Ever (and I don’t me by size – though I’m likely close) started a post on their website about a sneak peek into the songs they plan on recording. They in turn asked me what I had in mind. And then their massive email out to the DMQ fan club basically directed people to my post to add their 2cents. Really no big deal, but it was worth mentioning as random and a piece of useless information.

Starbucks
I am a fan! Don’t really need to explain that. Many of you are right there with me and you know who you are. That being said, I have an issue with a local Starbucks. I’ve boycotted it thinking my $2 is a day is going to sink them. A girl can dream, can’t she? Anyhow, I was patiently waiting in line to order my drink swiftly and move on. Ahead of me: two girls. Behind me: Rat boy! I would say about 12 years of age. Cute kid…but not that cute. Barista #1 starts to take my order. RatBoy steps in front and says he’s in an “awful” hurry. (Yes, he used the word awful). Barista #2 (the shot puller) starts to take down his order. Barista #1 looks on blankly as if the air from her blond head has not disappeared. I, being the cordial pleasant self I am before my coffee basically raises a point here with, “Um I was in line first.” Blank Barista says, “Oh but he’s so cute we can just let him slide by.”

Imagine a facial expression of me dropping my mouth in amazement

You.

Have.

Got.

To.

Be.

Kidding.

Me.

So, I let them have it. Politely and all. I pointed out to Blank Barista and the Shot puller that really what they’ve just taught this young juvenile delinquent is that “cuteness’ gets you everywhere. I then added, that being of the “cute” category myself, I’ve found it almost detrimental in a way.

Whatever! Left Starbucks and went to another one across the street. (What? I live in Seattle. They’re everywhere. That is except when you REALLY want a coffee. Then you can’t find one.)

Let’s see what other types of randomness can I pass on….hmmmmm

Oh right.

Mustang his 10,000 miles. Unbelievable to me.

Oh and a special shout out to Freak Magnet who has been entertaining me all week with “photos’ and “thoughts.” You really are a crack up! I can’t post some of these photos so use your imagination.

And finally, this sent to me from a UK compadre.


Remember your mother telling you, "Never accept candy from a stranger”?

Here's why!

3 comments:

Al & Jo said...

You need to get a life!

Lesley said...

OMG, that picture!!!! LMAO!!!

Interesting google searches you've got there. Sometimes I wonder why people would search a particular term and then decide that my blog was chock full of info about it. I don't get it!

And awwwwww, I'm your favorite saint? Well, you're my favorite "from Washington"!**

**except for Starbucks. Sorry. It's not you. It's me.

Nicki said...

Thanks for the shout out. I'm blushing.

And I stay away from the big fancy coffee places ever since they made me feel like a total ASS in front of everyone in the place.

I still cry when I think about it. I'm scarred for life.