Saturday, June 02, 2007

Is Love in the Air?

Okay, I have to admit a couple of things. First off, I don't really believe in love at first site. There is definitely a strong attraction people tend to feel immediately, but I'm not convinced it's love. Secondly, because I don't believe in it, I rarely assume I will feel it. And that's not being cynical, that's just knowing myself well enough to know that it's unlikely to happen that way to me.

Movie Man proved to be a complete gentleman. Which I expected. Just by our email conversations I figured he had some manners and knew how to respect people. He paid for everything and didn't even allow me to buy the popcorn. After previous relationship this was a nice change. It's an awkward situation sometimes, but it didn't seem that way last night.

I got there earlier than him - of course - because I do have a shy side believe it or not, and don't like to come up to people and ask, "are you my date?". As I sat in the Big Picture lounge I realized I wasn't even nervous. Which is odd. I tend to hype myself up a bit, but not yesterday. He and I sat and talked as if we knew each other well. Very comfortable conversation.

All in all it was a good date. By the way, The Valet was a very cute movie. Reading my way through I was pleasantly surprised at the comedy and simple plot. I highly recommend it.

So I know you're dying to know what I think overall. Well, truthfully, the jury's still out. He's a very nice gentleman and if the stars allow I would likely go out again. I'm not being particular here, or picky, I am just not sure yet. And I think that's fair. I'm not the type to fall that quickly anyhow. I have to get all the facts...besides they say the best relationships are those that are built on a friendship.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Sounds like a good first date. I think it's good that you were able to have a comfortable conversation -- sometimes that's the worst part of a date!

I liked what you said here: "And that's not being cynical, that's just knowing myself well enough to know that it's unlikely to happen that way to me." I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way. And I think that's just fine. (and besides the people who do believe in love at first sight scare me more than just a little!)

Vicky said...

Boo! Okay, so I don't necessarily believe in love at first sight, but I did experience it.

Jenn, you know yourself and I know you a bit, so this sounds like it went well. Conversation is the best part of a date and that's most of the battle.

Nicki said...

I know what you mean about being completely comfortable with him on the first date. I was with my squeeze, and it was an odd feeling. I, however, got that giddy feeling and had to see him again. I could see him everyday and I don't think it would be enough. I won't say it's love yet, but I'm not saying it's not great.

Plans for a next date?