Tuesday, January 22, 2008

AI = Freakville

OMG...I can't do it. I can't watch American Idol. Patron Saint loves it and rants and raves about it. So I figured, she couldn't possibly be wrong about how good a show is. But I can't do it. I feel so embarrassed for so many of those people that I have to look away. My guts just quiver in the "OMG that poor person". There are some certifiable freaks out there.

This week so far peeps has been H.E. double toothpicks. I'm considering a career change since this PMing thing seems to not be working out just right. Hah! I know that the world of PM has it's up and its downs...but good grief. Must ALL The downs be within a two week period?

I have learned quite a bit this week though. Most importantly how there's a HUGE loss in the translation from my English to those of my Brit compadres. What I think is written in good, well explained English, isn't always understood in good English. I've tried very hard to not micromanage a few, but alas I find that was a mistake.

I just want this week to be over. Though admittedly I get to look forward to wine tasting on Thursday.

3 comments:

Al & Jo said...

WAIT!!! This week is only 2 days old...I hate to tell you, but you have 3 more days of this week...better make the best of them! I love not working! :-)

Lesley said...

I don't really like the auditions as much as the regular shows. I get tired of them after a while. However, I feel like if someone puts themselves on TV, then I have the right to make fun of them.

Once the auditions end is when the REAL magic begins!

Nicki said...

I'm sorry you're having a bad week. Shall I have a couple of drinks in your honour?