Thursday, January 10, 2008

Monkey pack him rizla pon the sweet dep line

2 Loud shout outs for anyone who knows where that lyric is from.

Any...whoo...

Tonight I met BeagleBabe at Seattle Cellars downtown for some wine tasting and girl chatter. She and I try to meet on a relatively regular basis for happy hour. Sicknesses and the holidays had put the kabosh on it for a month or more, but we're back in it.

Seattle Cellars had some fantastic wines tonight from Estancia winery. We sampled a Sauvignon Blanc, a chardonnay, a zinfandel and a Shiraz. By far the zinfandel was our favorite. I'm not a big white wine girl so I was a bit unsure about the two whites, but the sauvignon blanc was surprisingly delicious. I bought a bottle, or two, or three or four. The price was spectacular for what I considered to be darn decent wine ($9 a bottle). I didn't buy a chardonnay, not a big fan.

The tasting is free for the most part, at least if you bought a $10 glass it's free. The glass you can bring back each time and then the tasting is free. The way I figured it, BeagleBabe and I are going to need to go at least twice a month for the entire year to get my $10 worth. Oh the pressure. How will I ever survive?

I got downtown early and stopped at a very trendy and comfortable coffee shop. Had the most fantastic mocha breve (shhh don't tell anyone). I had my new little point and shoot camera with me (I've not blogged about it, but I HATED my other little POS. It was an HP and I absolutely despised it. So I bought myself this cute little pink Sony.) Anyhow, I had it with me and thought I'd play around with some of the settings. While I was sitting there I noticed a chess set sitting there. This little shoot took some nifty photos I think.


In other random and somewhat non interesting news, PMDude hasn't been at work for the last two days and I've been forced to deal with Skippy on my own. I am absolutely sure, in fact 100% sure that there is a village somewhere missing their idiot. His arrogance and his overall stupidity truly amazes me. I had an opportunity to put him in his place and it made me all giddy inside knowing I could do the "I told you so" dance, but refrained. Though I did send PMDude a highlight of the experience.

This afternoon though was the classic move. I was meeting with two other compadres in the office in our conf room. Skippy be-bopped his way over and stuck his head in. Now granted the door wasn't closed, but it was VERY obvious we were working. Anyhow he poked his head in and asked what we were doing. Huh?What? One of the compadres said, "ah, we're working, ever heard of it?" I almost spit my tea out. Didn't expect that. The other compadre invited Skip in to maybe "learn" something, but warned him to just watch and not interrupt. Yah right. That's like telling a guy to not think about sex. So not going to happen. Anyhow, the meeting progressed and Skippy proceeded to add his mastery into the conversation. Honestly, I left the room shaking my head. I just couldn't believe that I have to deal with this on a regular basis. Even my daily utterance of "Calgon! Take me away." isn't working.

3 comments:

Al & Jo said...

You are right...a village is missing their IDIOT! Who, in their right mind, could see a meeting was taking place, would have the stupidity to ask "What are you doing?" DUH...this guy needs to be taken down a few pegs...or at least a dozen notches! Young whippersnapper!

Anandi said...

Song lyric - Red Red Wine, by UB40? :) What do I get for that??

Jenn from WA said...

Anandi - How about a happy hour with yours truly?