Thursday, January 24, 2008

One Big Blob of Blubbering Mush

If ever I had to prove I was a woman (here me roar) I would only ask the accuser to come with me to a Getting Started meeting for the Susan G. Komen 3-day / 60 mile walk. My god. It was all I could do to compose myself during this meeting.

We were late due to a misunderstanding on the invitation and walked in to the last 10 minutes of emotional movie about the walk. There wasn't a dry eye in the place, myself included. Then as the coordinator walked through (pardon the pun) the three days events it hit me again. A rolling wave of emotion. I can't even blame PMS.

I've walked a lot this week and have a plan to walk tomorrow (rain or snow - yes snow) 6 miles. The team is meeting to do this blessed event down by the water, which of course will mean its colder. Right now its going to be 32F. Oh goody.

The week got better, barely. The shining moment was Skippy being on vacation for the next 4 days starting today. It was lighter and more fun at work. PMDude and I got to actually banter without any input from Skip. Oh glory day.

I got another donation today. BIG SHOUT OUT TO TYLER FOR HIS DONATION!!! Tyler and I used to work together at the Cat Shack. I made the decision to stretch my donation requests far and wide, and look. Not only did I get a donation, but maybe reconnected with a friend from the past.

I had a major brain fart today that I'm trying to decide whether to share it with you or not. See, every now and then little blond strands break their way through and do something down right silly. So it's been relatively sunny this week, but butt cold. Yesterday I figured I'd go get my car washed because it's disgusting. The thought that actually crossed my mind is as follows, "Hey, I can walk to the car wash." If you got it right away, you win. If you're still thinking about it...you're worse than I.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

So, what Ken and I want to know is how far did you get on your walk to the car wash before you realized...well...hmmmm.......

Al & Jo said...

FUnny---I had the same thought as Vicky and Ken! YOU ARE IN SAD SHAPE!

Jenn from WA said...

Hah... you two are soo funny. I didn't even leave before I realized it. So there. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go dye my hair.