Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Vant to Suck Your Blood

Howdy! Which is Texan for "Hi!"

Don't ask. It's not even 7AM and I'm feisty. PMDude isn't at work today. Some lame excuse about a car dying and needing a new transmission. As if. Doesn't he understand he's my sanity in this increasing insane office environment.

But alas, I'm prepared without him all the same. I know you're dying to ask how. I know you are. Well, if you must know, I have my defenses ready.

Yes sir. Uh-Huh! That's right! Garlic. Now, traditionally to keep vampires away one would wear garlic around their neck. Seeing how that would clash with the stylish fashionable items I wear today, I can't wear said garlic necklace. But last night, Chicken Lady and I landed ourselves one helluva a garlic feast. We saddled up to a little table in a restaurant in Bellevue called Mediterranean Kitchen. Both of us love this joint, and her hubby (Mr. Chicken Lady) is not particularly fond of it because there's too much garlic. WHAT? How could one have too much garlic? It's just not possible. Freak! Their hummus is quite possibly the best I've ever tasted. And I've tasted my fair share of hummus (interesting little Jenn tid bit here. I'm not a fan at all of garbanzo beans - or chick peas if you will -yet I love hummus. Huh? Odd. Freakish even.)

What's so spectacular about this hummus is the amount of garlic it contains. Flavorful without blowing your head off with heat. As I drove home last night, left overs in hand, I laughed out loud at how stinky the car was with all the garlic in there.

And garlic stays with you man. In fact waking up this morning I had that pasty garlic film in my mouth and I smiled knowing I would be having garlic for lunch too. My defenses are all set. Maybe PMDude is thankful that he's not here to smell the aroma that is Jenn today.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

I love garlic, too. Oh man, do I love garlic. But only at night. I'm weird like that.

Ken La Salle said...

Hmmmm... that restaurant sounds really good... and now I'm really hungry!

Vic, wanna drive up to Bellevue? It's not far! ;p

Anandi said...

ohhh, i miss med kitchen. we should go again sometime.