Sunday, January 20, 2008

I am on my way

Yes sir, well on my way.

First sorry to my "fans" that I've not written since Tuesday. It was a killer of a week at work in which I got a chance to listen to two customers complain about not getting what they paid for. That always makes a project manager feel good. But c'est la vie. Life continues and contingency plans have to be put into place then.

Our 3day team is almost solidified. Blueberry is all registered. BigBro will register early in February. A good friend from my early MS / Volleyball days has chosen to join our team as well. So very exciting for Saving 2nd Base.

I've now clocked 15 miles total in training. Not a lot by some standards, but it feels like a lot to me. Blueberry, BigBro and I met today and walked around Greenlake. Blue and I then stopped and she bought a pair of new walking shoes and had breakfast. After breakfast she and I decided to walk Greenlake again. After lap 2 the old pedometer said I had gone 13, 207 steps. Ole! And 6.72 miles. Ole Ole! I'm surprisingly not that tired or sore. I've done a good deal of stretching so hopefully all will be good tomorrow. We shall see.

On our second track around the lake I ran into a former boss. A former boss I didn't get along well with in the beginning and then, then she became a mentor. She is the one who got me into project management and had help in making me the career woman I am today. Weird running into her at Greenlake. But I got a $25 donation from her while we were chatting. So big shout out to Kathy! Her donation gets me to $200 raised. Just $2000 left. Oh lord that's a lot of $$.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Step by Step, Mile by Mile, Dollar by Dollar...............you go girl!!!

Nicki said...

15 miles is AWESOME, Girly Girl!!!! You're going to kick butt on this walk!!