Monday, January 28, 2008

It's a Snow Day! It's a STAY HOME day!

I woke this morning to the sound of silence. As I turned off the buzzing alarm clock, it dawned on me that I didn't hear any cars on the road outside. "Uh-oh!" I thought. That could only mean one thing. Snow! I jumped out of bed, startling the sound sleeping Pookie. Opening the blinds in the living room I am shocked to see 5+ inches of snow. Not bad considering the weather folks of this area said we'd only get a dusting of snow. FIVE Inches of snow.

Knowing the Mustang would be perfectly content with staying home, I logged into the computer. I was greeted almost immediately with an IM from our Sales VP who's visiting from the UK indicating she was the only one who made it in, and I should stay put and work from home. Ah, no worries there.

This weekend was full one indeed. Friday night I stayed in for the night and regrouped for the up and coming busy weekend.

Saturday morning it was up early to meet the team for a 6 mile training walk. We started our walk at one end of Alki and walked to the other end around the waterfront. 7 miles. It was great fun. And in fact, I was shocked and stunned that we had walked 7 miles. Blueberry, Heidi and I were a bit sore right after, but spent a good amount of time stretching and downing water.


Team Saving 2nd Base: Blueberry, BigBro, Heidi and me. Notice the sign I'm wearing. Heidi made the signs for us to wear as we walk. I was surprised how creative we go while walking on fundraising ideas. We should be able to make our money and then some. Ignore the math on the sign. Heidi had an issue with 4X$2,200. Not that I can really make too much fun of her because we all know how good I am at math. But it was funny none the less.

Sunday I expected to be sore when getting out of bed and starting the day, but was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't. Met up with my new photography "club" (PhotoGodsNW) in downtown Seattle. Our topic of focus was patterns / textures / and reflections. It was fun for me to wonder through Pike Place market and be able to ask questions to people I consider excellent photographers. A bit intimidating at times, but I'm up for the learning aspect...and of course the social aspect of it. I'll be posting my photos soon, so stay tuned.

Ooo, just noticed we're having a heat wave. It's 35 degrees outside.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Yay for snow days!!! Do you look at it as a day off from everything, or an opportunity to get stuff done around the house?

Al & Jo said...

Wander,its wander NOT wonder!! Makes me crazy!