Saturday, January 12, 2008

Encouragement is what I'll need

You may recall last year I wrote a blog about my big brother walking in the 3-day 60 mile breast cancer walk for Susan G.Komen. I was so proud of him and impressed at his commitment to walk for family members who have had to deal with breast cancer. His dedication to walking in this race was truly contagious.

Well, I did it. I signed up for this year's race. I'll be calling on my blog folk eventually to support me in this endeavor, not just financially, but spiritually or even emotionally. I'm really nervous about committing to this. I mean, what if I can't do it. What if I can't walk 60 miles? BigBro guarantees me that I'll not only be able to do it, but that it'll be an experience of a life time. I have to trust that if I train accordingly (starting tomorrow) and really focus I can do it.

So in order to not back out or chicken out, I registered today. I set my goal at $4200 to raise. I've got some time so I think I can do that. Wanna see my personal page? Click here. I'll be updating it eventually, but for now it'll do.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Al & Jo said...

WTG Jenn! We are so proud of you and Ric and your commitment! GO FOR IT! YOU CAN DO IT!

Anonymous said...

You go Sis!!!!..(insert pic of proud brother)..........you can do it.......one step at a time.

Nicki said...

You are AWESOME!! And seeing how you go about everything else in your life with such gusto, I highly doubt you'll have a problem with it. You'll more than rise to the occasion.