Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Chop Suey OMG is so good

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm barely alive I think. First off...Chop Suey! What a fantastic little club for the boys to play in. I've seen them in so many venues and have my opinion of all of them. But Chop Suey has a nice combination of great sound, large dance floor, and seats. Yes, you read correctly. Seats. These old bones need to sit once in a while.

Wanna count down with me?

The show opened with one of my other favorite bands I was introduced to by DMQ called The Fiasco. I have two of their CDs currently in my possession and will be ordering another shortly. Me likely.

The evening started at my place with Parchment Halibut with homemade pesto on top. Delicious! Big shout out to the ParentalUnits for supplying the fresh Alaskan halibut. MMMM!

Chop Suey had just opened when we got there, so we had plenty of places to choose from. People watching, I gotta tell ya, on New Year's Eve in a hot spot like that is hysterical. I really need to work on my judgmental side. But man, some people make it so easy.

DMQ played a few new songs. I love when they pull songs out of the closet that are new to them to play, but old to the rest of us who happen to know the lyrics.

This song is for PMDude. It's my gift to him for the New Year!

0 comments: