Monday, January 21, 2008

I can't think of a title...

It's official. There must be something in the air. I've had three friends of late all become somewhat "adult" and start focusing on items they've put off. I for one have been extremely motivated of late and wonder if there isn't something in the water.

Now I've not been motivated at work. A couple of project issues and a few clients giving the why for makes work boring. Even Skippy hasn't been entertaining us (on a side note though, PMDude and I are overjoyed because one Skippy will be on vacation for like 4 days starting Friday and through next week. It's so wrong for us to be happy, but we can't help it).

Today was a Monday through and through. It started by leaving at 0'dark thirty to get to work. I glanced at the thermometer as I walked out the door and took a double take. Did it really say 27 degrees. Oh dear god it was going to be cold out. Traffic was blessedly light thanks to Mr. Martin Luther King. I get to work and am barely through my first cup of tea when the door opens. I assumed it was PMDude, but was shocked to see it was Skippy. My first thought, and for this I'll be going to hell, was, "Wow, way to ruin a Monday." See I hold the first hour / hour and half at work as sacred time. It's usually just PMDude and I and we get a buttload of work done. For Skippy to disturb it - well that's just wrong.

I've been focusing very hard on getting my inbox down to something manageable. PMDude loves to throw out the single digit number that his inbox holds (I hate him sometimes). So I've decided I need a new tactic. Besides "Select All / Delete". I want to find a sound byte that is Homer Simpson saying "WooHoo!" Then every time I delete / move or respond to an email I get a pat on the back. And doubly I'd likely annoy PMDude in the process.

Blueberry and I got out and walked 2.21 miles today. How do I know it was 2.21 miles? BigBro gave me a pedometer and now I can keep track easier than driving my car through the path I want to take. We may have gone more today, in fact I felt I could go more, if I wasn't freezing my toes off. When we left Chez Jenn's it was 34 degrees out. When we got back it was 31 - and the sun was still out. Blasted winter! I need me some spring and I need it fast! I'm tempted to go do some tanning to just get warmed through.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

I looked for that wav file, found it (http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/poitier/135/homer.html) and then saw you had it posted already. DOH!!

If you need help setting it up, let me know. When I start up, I have the 3 stooges saying, "Hello, hello, hello, hellohellohello", and when I shut down, "Bye bye boys! Have fun stormin' the castle!" (10 points if you know what that's from.)