Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I step out of the ordinary

Big! HUGE! ENORMOUS Shout out to Freak Magnet for my first donation! You rock the cat box! (If I have to explain ... that's a play on Rock the Casbah 80's song - never mind).

Big! HUGE! ENORMOUS Shout out to PMDude for sending my letter to his friends. Who knew he had more than 2? You rock the cat box too. I promise you one cookie for each dollar your friends donate.

Update Posted several hours after the first time I posted this -er ah - post:
CAPTAIN SARCASTIC OFFICIALLY ROCKS TOO.

So...? Who's up next to step up to the competition?

Blueberry and I met up and walked 2 miles tonight. She's quite gung-ho too, though is holding back some reservations about asking friends/family for donations. I say you have got to throw shame out the window and ask! Ask! Ask!

This decision, I have to say, has completely motivated me. And my lack of patience has kicked in. Not only do I want to meet my donation minimum NOW, but I want to walk NOW! Of course I realize I have to wait, work hard, and enjoy the trip.

On a different note, ever see a commercial that actually makes you laugh out loud. A local ski resort has new runs they've opened. They're commercial begins with the chanting of monks and pans into one that holds a skeleton key. The next screen you see them inserting the key and turning it. Finally the last scene you see woman's legs and a Chasity belt drop to around her ankles. Their tag line: 100 new virgin acres open. Hilarious to me! Might be more funny if you saw it, but trust me. Funny!

Oh and Skippy found out that we call him Skippy. The Brit in the office and Skippy teach ski lessons together. The Brit's kids take classes and one of his kids happens to be in Skippy's class. Apparently, Little Brit must've overheard The Brit call Skippy, Skippy and so when was introduced to him yells, "SKIPPY!" I would have paid money to see the look on Skippy's face. I would have even paid pounds (as in GBP).

Okay, this girl is pooped and needs to get her apartment torn apart for carpet cleaning tomorrow. The Big Black Beast of Burden has been put on restriction from any further fur balls tossing.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

WOO HOO on the good start!!! Tell Blueberry that most people will be more than happy to donate SOMETHING to a cause like that.

You know that cat's totally going to hock a big one up as soon as the carpets are done and the cleaners are gone. At least, that's always how it works for me.

Al & Jo said...

I agree with everything Freak Magnet said! And my grandkitty is just waiting.....

I would have loved to see Skippy's face. And how did you find out that he know's he is Skippy?