Thursday, March 23, 2006

All's quiet on the Western Front

Where did that phrase come from anyhow?

Anyhow, nothing overly new and exciting in my life. I scored a big one at work yesterday. We are trying to track down very specific customers that fit a certain profile. Currently of our 100+ customers we have like 2 of these specific types. Well, yesterday I spoke with a random customer who was considered "umanaged" and yet, found that they have been spending thousands on Speech Server, and oh by the way, they fit perfectly into our profile. Our beta is to release in the next couple of months, and we are profiling customers who we feel would be good candidates to work on the beta and then ultimately stand on stage with us at launch. I think we might have found one.

It sure feels good to do something good for a change.

Other than that, I'm excited for my little soiree this weekend. I was chatting with my office mate about this and I realized this "open house" isn't really about the apartment at all. No, its me wanting to entertain. To cook. To have friends over. THAT's what its all about. (And all this time we thought the hokey pokey was what it was all about).

My gathering of friends is going to be "interesting". Coming over are friends from all walks of my life. Many have never met the others. So it'll be interesting to see what happens when several worlds collide.

In my Uber Planning Self, I've already got the bar laid out, the glasses for the bar set, the menu out, the table set with what's going where, the apartment cleaned (minus last minute vacuuming because Pookie is shedding like mad. Damn long haired cat. ), food purchased, alcohol purchased, and Saturday planned out completely.

Now...all that's left to do is P-A-R-T-Y!!!!


0 comments: