Monday, March 27, 2006

One Martini, Two Martini, Three Martini, Floor...

Okay, so it wasn't quite that bad. But I can say that I had a very healthy buzz going all night. And Sunday (the day after the Open House) things were a bit fuzzy and my reaction time a bit slower. It sucks to get old...takes twice as long to recover from any drink.

The party was a smashing success. Thanks to all the friends who came out. It was really you who made it a success. Attendees: Mike, Sherrie, Lisa, Kris, Kim, Neil&Taunya, Lars and Debbie, Mark&Vanessa, Megan, Shannon, Gary, Monica, Kari, and Melinda. Good times.

First the drinks.
Latinpolitan's - Pleasure in a glass. oh dear God these go down smooth. They are really a cosmo with rum instead of vodka. I had purchased the pink sugar for rimming the glasses and between the sugar and the rum, it was a tasty treat. The hit of the party I think.
Cosmopolitan's - Also tasty, but I didn't drink one on Saturday.
Appletini's - I had purchased a green sugar for this drink as well and Appletini mixture. So it was a simple drink and was apparently my drink du jour after a couple Latinpolitan's. (see why things were fuzzy on Sunday...? Mixing my drinks. Especially considering I had started with a beer at about 3pm due to nerves for the party).
Seattle Manhattans - Starbucks Liquor is the star of this show. Several people drank these and seemed to enjoy their coffee goodness.
Honorable Mentions: Beer - which no one drank so now I have a fridge full of beer. Actually that's not true Shannon did drink all my Stella. Damn you Shannon!

The food: A gorgeous display of taste and class. See this party was really all about me having an opportunity to cook. And cook I did. We had Basil and Crab topped cucumbers, Curried Garlic Dip and Vegis, Olive Crisps, Shrimp spread, Hot Artichoke dip, meatballs, and sweet treats for later. I had a ton of food and by the grace of God barely a nibble left.

Sadly, I didn't take ONE PICTURE. Can you believe it? Me, the queen of pictures. I must have been lost in love or something. Yes, the "crush" was there (BTW, I keep mistyping crush to curse...you think there's something to that?) and seemed to enjoy himself. I can't really tell you much more without giving away his identity. I love a good mystery!

I also am convinced I need to now have Cocktail Party's every now and then just for fun. No need to have an excuse.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I wanna go! I'll leave hubby home with kid, k? :-)