Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Return of Dudley Mania

All the usual suspects are unavailable (aka out of town) for this weekend's extravaganza of Dudley Manlove's 11th Anniversary show. I'll be attending, of course. This year they are doing something a little different. They are going to perform the top 5 Fan Favorites that the fans voted on. Of course I voted, what would even make you think I did not. Wanna know what horribly bad but fun songs I voted for? (I realize I'm not supposed to end a sentence in "for", but who cares?)

Now, keep in mind that my decision to vote on these songs was strictly based on wanting to hear my fave singer Paul Jensen sing these songs with the rest of the Dudley band. They generally do cover songs exceptionally well, I think. Of course I may be a wee bit biased. (Hey I have no kids to brag about so I have to brag about something).

I Wanna Be Sedated – Ramones - They already do this song and I love when they do it.
I Was Made for Lovin’ You – Kiss - oh come on ... you know you like this song.
I Want You to Want Me – Cheap Trick - No comment - perhaps a slight freudian thing here
Drift Away – Dobie Gray
I Melt With You – Modern English

Stay tuned for the results.

0 comments: