Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful

Last night I was browsing a few of my favorite blogs that I have on my home computer. Many I don't visit too often, but I do stop by to get caught up every now and then. None are on my stalker list - so don't go checking.

One such blog has recently taken up a horrible habit of complaining about other people's blogs. Reading it last night I suspect one of the blogs this elitest is complaining about is mine. Completely unprovoked I might add.

With my self confidence firmly in the gutter now I give you this rant.

Blogs are personal. They can be informative. The two together are not what you'll necessarily find on my blog. But in the case of this blog, the one you're reading right now, it is personal. If I happen to pass on a tidbit of information that you, my avid fan, didn't know, well then bonus for you - and me.

My blog is a direct extension of me. It's almost a third arm. It represents almost everything about me. I say almost everything because the momunit reads this. Well that and my life isn't that interesting. You are, though, bound to stop by and either laugh, cry or say "OMG, what was she thinking?". Either way, you should know that by stopping by you aren't going to be reading an eloquently written piece of work that was so masterfully put together that, if printed, would prop up a Pulitzer. You'll most likely be trudging your way through grammar and spelling errors, misquoted facts, and life.

Here's the thing. That's me. I'm an error. I'm not a mistake (thanks mom for clarifying that) but I do have - ah - a few flaws. My blog allows me to show my soft under belly and submit to the fact that I am far from perfect - despite what I tell everyone else. It reflects all the little aspects of me that exist in real life. It's written from my perspective! I shouldn't have to put disclaimers to say that some facts may not be accurate, or that my opinion isn't founded in an encyclopedia somewhere (or wikipedia for those young one's who read this and have never heard of an encyclopedia). It is what it is. It's me.

And so, evil blog basher, move along. Nothing to see here. If, as I suspect, your only way of filling important or finding something worthy to write about is to use your words to slam others, then I pity you. Well you and your stupid blog. Oh and by the way, you should never EVER end a sentence with a preposition - so check paragraph 3, sentence two. I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Yikes! Using a blog to complain about other blogs just completely goes against what blogging should be. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. Simple as that.

I enjoy reading your blog, and I think you are fabulous! I am still in awe of you for walking in the three-day, among other things. You rock!

Anonymous said...

Jenn - I love your blog and look forward to reading new entries...and many times I am laughing my head off at your entries. The bees...oh, too funny. And my dog got infested with fleas recently, so I hear you on that, too. And as for the 3-day...you are AMAZING.

Cheryl

Nicki said...

I hear Jealousy smack-talking about you. Rude. Rude, rude, rude.

How can anyone not love Jenn? Well, that's just fine - I love you enough for me AND Jealous Poopy Pants.

You totally, utterly, and completely ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Your blog is the only one I read. I've tried others, but (yawn...), gave them up. I think you should give us a link to this other blog so we can judge.

Al & Jo said...

I agree with Chicken Lady...let me at 'em!
MOM! (Don't mess with my girl!)