Friday, October 17, 2008

Dream a little dream...

I remember dreams. No, not the "some day I'll fly a plane" dream, but my actual dreams, you know, when I'm sleeping.

9 times out of 10 I have no idea what they mean or what it's trying to tell me. Only on rare occasions has a "dream" vision actually happened. Last night's dream, I'm afraid I know what it's saying to me.

First a little history. The last week I've been heads down trying to get a major project out the door. Things had been going relatively well, considering. Until the day before yesterday. We discovered some massive flaws in part of the content we were given. This caused me to drop everything and focus on getting it ready for this project. Which of course brought stress. Stress = weird dreams.

In my dream I was at work and testing a website. The website we created had all these Easter Eggs on it (you do know what Easter egg's are right? ) Anyhow, each Easter egg showed me a missing child. It showed his/her location too. Which of course I knew I hadn't put in the technical specs for the website. About that time a woman - who I think was my secretary - stopped by to tell me I was late for dinner with my fiance and his son. She handed me a map drawn in crayon and said, "be careful in that neighborhoods, the Cubans are mean." I know weird, right?

So off I go walking through these rather poverty stricken roads where every man/boy looks like a hoodlum. I round the corner to see the restaurant I was meeting "the fiance" in. It was a quite cold place that seemed empty yet full. I was seated and was told my "fiance" would be with me shortly. As I was sitting I noticed those little sugar ants were everywhere. They were on the table, the floor, crawling on my legs etc. I kept hitting them off, but felt like they were biting me the entire time.

Then the fiance and son show up. The son is one of the boys I saw on the Easter egg site. I acted as if I didn't know it and kept asking the boy all sorts of potential new step mom questions like, "do you like chocolate ice cream?" The fiance - who's face I couldn't actually see but he had a tattoo and a gold watch - just sat happy as ever that me and son were getting along.

As it was time for me to leave, the boy tells me he's drawn me a picture of where he lives and our new family. He hands me the paper and I can see the house, the street, the neighborhood everything. Then this loud beeping started happening and the fiance said, "Time to go."

The beeping was the alarm clock. I didn't get to save the little boy. Weird, right?

I suspect there's something more wrong with the current project I'm working on. Either that or I'm in serious need of a vacation. Which thankfully I'm going on tomorrow.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

I stopped trying to find meaning in dreams a long time ago. Not to say some of them don't affect me, because they do, but I just think of them as movies in my sleep.