Sunday, October 12, 2008

Simply Beautiful

A weekend with nothing to do but read a good book and catching up on a few TV shows that are among my guiltiest of pleasures. Yes, those weekends are simply beautiful. Too bad it's about to end with a simply boorish Monday morning and a gun to the head boring project update meeting. But still, work is one of the evil's of the world that one who is not independently wealthy or has a trust fund must endure. Thankfully I kind a like my job - sometimes.

This next week will no doubt drag by. See next Saturday you will find yours truly leaving on a jet plane to where I left my heart - in San Francisco. I've not ever been there (which has you wondering why I left my heart there huh? I mailed it. I didn't need it so why shouldn't San Francisco have it?) and can't wait to explore the fabulous city on the bay.

I won't be going alone. Oh no, no traveling alone for this girl. But don't get all excited I won't be traveling with someone who has a Y chromosome either. No much more fun than that - mom, Seattle Sister-In-Law and a good family friend. 4 Women loose in SF. One with a camera - oh boy.

We have our list of things we "must" do and our list of nice to do's. If you've left your heart in SF and know of something that is a "must" do that isn't an obvious must do (Golden Gate, Fisherman's wharf, Ghiradelli's, etc) then do share.

Anyhow, as I mentioned, this weekend has been - well in a word - glorious. I ate breakfast yesterday in a Seattle icon with my favorite PM teacher. It had been way too long since we last got together to chat, so breakfast was not only filling, but she and I are now caught up so we can go another couple weeks before a breakfast is required. And sadly, with as much is happening in my life, we could, most likely, go a month or so before I'll have anything exciting to say. I'm just sayin.

I picked up a book - well three - for my San Fran trip. One must have a good plane book! It's a requirement I believe. One small carry on, one small personal bag and a book. The airlines havent' started charging for a book yet. But give them time.

About a week or so ago I spent way too much time and way too much time at my hair salon. The hair stylists were all a flutter about this book that's been passed around the store. ALL of them have read it and insisted that I too must read it. I had never heard of this book, it's character or the cult following - so I had to investigate. I ordered all three books in the series and started with book one yesterday afternoon. Twilight. Laugh if you must. Its a good book - if you like romantic vampire books. The setting is in a small town here in the Seattle area - Fork - and is a not so average look at a vampire and his human girlfriend. It's easy reading, but the story most certainly has me captivated. It's rare that a book comes around that I can't put down, but I've found one for now. Though I'll have to put it down in about 25 pages cuz that's how many I have left. Then I have to try to restrain myself to not read the other two before my trip. I'd hate to be a girl without a book on a plane - that would be sad. I'd have to *gasp* read a magazine or talk to the person seated in the middle seat. Oh and if you're not a reader, but prefer to watch the movie - you're in luck. Twighlight the movie will be out - sometime soon.

The other guilty pleasure I've partook in this weekend is getting up to speed with Gossip Girl. Again, must you laugh? I saw one episode a couple of weeks ago - realized it was season 2 and knew what I had to do. Log into Netflix and put season one to the top of my queue. Three discs down - and so addicted I may have to check myself into Betty Ford.

And with that, I'm going to do something constructive today - like clean. The MomUnit will be here in a week and we can't have the white glove have anything on it.

0 comments: